Changing Characters for new ones

• adding glowing warp nacells is easy enough, I was thinking about the impulse engines (the lumpy bits just inboard of the nacells, on the 'wings'), as they have a sort of grill effect at the back end, I'll see what I can do with a simple trail effect or something...

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...

• Yeah, "Jumping Zone" like in FW:ToW mod. I thought you'll go for something original, but nevermind...

FW:ToW uses jump bouys, not zones. Granted the area is increased, but a completely (visible) solar-free jumpzone is fairly unique from what I've seen in mods.

As for the glow (lord they get brought up a lot. :P) FW;ToW uses such an effect on the TIE series, their ion engines glow brighter the more speed you put into them. It's such a quiet effect I didn't even notice they had engines until someone pointed the two little red dots out. xD

How they did it, no clue.

• FW:ToW uses jump bouys, not zones. Granted the area is increased, but a completely (visible) solar-free jumpzone is fairly unique from what I've seen in mods.

As for the glow (lord they get brought up a lot. :P) FW;ToW uses such an effect on the TIE series, their ion engines glow brighter the more speed you put into them. It's such a quiet effect I didn't even notice they had engines until someone pointed the two little red dots out. xD

How they did it, no clue.

I remember they planned a solar-free jumpzone in the next version...

As in for the effect, either its deep ALE editing, or it starts inside the model and when you speed up enough it pops out a bit.

• I remember they planned a solar-free jumpzone in the next version...

Well I dunno what they planned, but I've got the latest version (updated about twenty minutes ago? :P) and it uses a bouy.

As in for the effect, either its deep ALE editing, or it starts inside the model and when you speed up enough it pops out a bit.

That's a pretty good assumption, for a basic way of doing it, ya. And hell, no need to make things advanced when they work just as good with the basics. :P

How to do that for the nacelles on the shuttle, no clue. You'll have to blame ST for being so cheap in effects, spuder. :P

• Well, nacels, thats not too hard to figure...

start with a 'self illuminaed texture' for the glowing blue bits... Then add some suitable edited running lights inside the nacell it's self, to add the glowy nimbus. If we're talking custom ale's here, well, maybe a very faint throttle variable partical trail for the impulse enging hpfx?? hardpoints, and a flameless engine effect for the nacell mounted hpengine?? hardpoints, so you get a big flashy glow n trail effect only when you hit cruise "insystem warp" drive, ramp up the cruise speed and rip out the tradelane rings, it's worth thinking about this early, since in a trek based mod ALL the ships are going to use a similar system. Sooner a decision gets made on how to handle it, the less messing there will be later...

"Ok, Federation Thingy class starship mesh done, and hardpointed, engine effects, standard fed impulse size 3 and warp nacell size 4..."

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

• Nice, gota thank you AestheticDemon for your help. Dont think I would have been able to do all this without it.

As for the system iv already started a basic layout of the solar system going of data I found online and in films. I dont intend to include tradelanes for obv reasons.

Would also like to remove the docking rings and allow people to just doc by clicking on the planet.

Thanx to all for the comments and imput

• Docking with planets... Yeah I've been thinking about that after a thread by Poly about 'airlocks', and I've had an idea, let me play with that a bit and get back to people if the idea works the way I hope...

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666