Updates

• Howdy folks,

I know for quiet some time I haven't done updates and fixes here at TLR. I was pretty busy doing modding work (which is done now).
    Today I took the chance to update the forum software any +20 of its plugins.

The problem with the smilies also should be gone now.
    That problem was result of a try to merge the Framework of the SWAT Portal with the one used here in order to connect both communities.
    For now these plans are on hold eventhough 80% of the integration is already done. Reason for that are different user encryptions of these 2 portals.

I first have to find a way to make everything compatible before the final merge can happen. The functionality of both sites has taken no damage... the work is just a little bit more complictated than I expected (at least in this area).

However, I wanted to inform you about the changes the progress and the delay of the merge. AND I ask for feedback. If you find errors on this site please report them to me (i already got some reports of missing language values) and if you think we there is some stuff we should improve then we will try to get it done.

By request and based on the relative low abuse in the past weeks the previously active censoring of links has been deactivated.
    Instead an automatic monitoring was activated to prevent that such problems appear again. In such a case the censoring would activate automatically again.

Considering the future workload here at TLR (introduction of new projects and features) i feel the need also to introduce new Staff members.
    Voluntaries can step forward and write a pm to me till the end of august.

• What kind of staff are you looking for, just to help people decide if they are suitable applicants...

Forum moderators, people to handle the dl database, or something else.

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...

• Well, if you need knowledge in .css or if you just want a hand in general, I'm here. But I do not have all that time anymore, since my free time off from work just ended up badly (I got called up back to work) because of the BCA-issue here in Italy, regarding the economical crysis.

• I would like to help in moderating the forums, and in time If needed I will learn more regarding other jobs that need to be done.

Maybe you should learn how to moderate the forum you have already first...

Then you can proceed with your plan to extend your Rabid-RP-Reich's 'delete and ban all unbelievers' policy over the rest of TLR.

This is why I volunteered for a job I've done too many times, over to many years, a job I hate, and don't want to do any more...

To make sure YOU were not the only candidate.

:(

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

• Looking forward to work with you two :thumbup:

So, do we get official TLR issue bodyarmour, or do we have to provide our own...

EDIT GAH NEW improved smileys ... Where are the ones you need...

:cursing:

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

• I firmly believe that it was your behaviour who made us change page on how we manage things in our section. You just bugged in in any thread, said two negative things (since I never saw anything positive) and then you bugged-out. This is how I see it. And if this makes me and Dave a couple of "Nazi Reich Followers", so be it.

And should I remark the fact that you again started the typical off-topic fight? OP made the thread to notify us about some changes, do you always need to start brawls in a thread? Jesus. Sethernis can delete this at his own pleasure if he wants.

• And I know pretty well what I am capable of Aesthetic, no need to remind me. And hmm did I told you that only you are "cast out" from the sub-section ? :) Others are free to go in and post their thoughts. What can I say I'm younger, I learn quicker and again, I am aware of my capabilities.

It would be a pleasure for me and Claudio to work with you as well Sethernis, and the rest of the guys :)

• Bomber weapons thread, I made posts, some quite lenghty, of a technical bomber weapon related nature, TWO of your renegade disco rabble cabal subjected me to personal attacks, I returned fire, with more technical points... Who stated that 'flamewar', YOUR people.

Capship lore thread, I post some info about capships and how navy personnel view them from my experience serving in a navy, and knowing a lot of navy people, and naval history, renegade disco rabble cabal subject me to personal attacks, who started that 'flamewar', YOUR people.

A question by a member of this site about technical aspects of modding, interupted by renegade disco rabble cabal, stating that they didn't know anything about the question, subjecting me to personal attacks, and asking if it matters if people asking tech questions get the right answers, who started that 'flamewar', YOUR people.

An FYI post about sulpher being yellow, you misquote from a site you didn't even bother to read, claimed to have a pet expert to back your fraudulent claims, then indulged in 'flamewar melodrama' by announcing that you had quit the site, but here you are, going off topic with factually innacurate personal attacks yet again.

We are discussing the announcement of new mod posts on the site staff, YOU choose to diverge into personal attacks, that are unreated to the topic.

A moderator is required to bite their tongue, to protect the rights of people they despise to post opinions they disagree with, sometimes to delete posts they agree with by people they admire. This is why being a moderator is a bloody awful job that no sane person would actually want. A moderator is required to read all posts to see if moderation is required, statements like "I dont read wal of text posts, they are always flamewar" or "freedom gets abuse" or putting people on ignore, is not part of being a moderator, you are there to preserve freedom of opinion.

Being a mod is a thankless task, whatever you do, somebody will whine about it, you deleted stuff you shouldnt have, or didnt delete what you should have... "How can you let X say that crap and delete posts by Y" Everybody hates a mod, mods have no friends except possibly other mods.

Anyone who WANTS to be a mod is suspect... Anyone who WANTS to be a mod so they can persecute people they hate, is unsuitable... Anyone who can't accept the responsibilities of the job, should not apply.

The way you and your friend have moderated a small part of TLR, clearly indicates that the only voices you want heard are your own, unsuitable for the job.

If you want to BE a moderator, practice on the section allocated to you, or start your own site.

Personally, I'd rather see AdmiralLordDrake in the job, or Adoxa, they are old TLR hands, resonable people, and sound, but you can't nominate other people, I hope they volunteer so that the new posts can be filled without dragging me out of retirement, or handing certain-to-be-abused power to the wrong people.

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

• So, what you are basically saying is that you are afraid that I would abuse my powers in deleting every posts made by you in general if I get appointed as a moderator? No thanks, that's not how I act. I was a moderator for the Nexus Forums (in DarkOne's absence) for about 2 years, I'm part of the moderating staff at the Guardia di Finanza's website, and I am aswell a moderator for the Black Prophecy Community. You would say, who cares? I don't care either.

But don't think that if we delete something, it is because we have a grudge against you. And don't try to tell me that Gibbon left TLR.org because of US. That's just hypocritical. Don't tell me that my team made something wrong, if they made something wrong, they know how they end.

Did I started the war in this thread? No.
    In reply to Dave you've labelled us as Nazi. In my first reply to this thread, did I mentioned you? No.

I'm not forcing nor asking OP to appoint me as a moderator here at TLR.org. I just told him that if he wanted a hand, I would gladly give him one. I didn't say 'Give me a moderating position, or else!'

We really need to calm down, we are all members of The Lancers Reactor in here. We are doing the same thing that happened 5 years ago in this website. If I insulted you in a direct or indirect way, I apologize. Just think about the impression of new members in here? They see two members fighting in a thread.

• Jeeez, here we go again. Lately I get the feeling that some people here in the forums are starting a TLR <-> T*SP style war all over again, but now inside TLR. Could you now come back to the original purpose of this thread and mind the Signature text of our Illusive Man?
    Keep you childish barfing to the PMs, if you really need it that much.

AD : I am honored by you "appointing" me as mod, but in the end its OPs choise, and I got a lot going on atm anyway (an please, write my name right next time, would you? ;) ). And if you dont like the way the Continuum team runs their subsection then just keep out of it - simple as that.

@Conti-team: A small tip: If someone starts bitching around again, ignore that ****. Worst thing you can do to such people.

@everyone in here: So behave like civilized adults, don't destroy what little we have left of the community.

My 5 cents.

EDIT: And I don't think it should be OPs job to check every thread fo your bashing and call you to order. Respect that man, without him, TLR might aswell be dead.

• In point of fact, I didn't mention you at all in that reply to dave, I mentioned dave. I'm not 'afraid' of what he will do, I know what he will do, because like you, I to have a length track record as asst-admin/forum mod/community chat host etc., and I've seen it all before too many times, I can spot the symptoms.

As for Gibbon, Gibbon is Gibbon, he hasn't changed a bit over the last 6 years he just suffers from a bruised ego at not being infalible and getting caught out in public, he's always been like that, but I'd rather see him brought back, promoted, and myself banned as part of one time abuse of power, than see Dave unleashed on this site, than see this site killed again by the same insanity that killed it before.

He talks about only me being proscribed and others opinions being welcome, just days after a reasonable question by a non cabal member was deleted from a cabal thread with the reason 'dont post here you are not one of us'.

You mentioned grudges... You mentioned that there were no grudes in the pm when you tried recruiting me for your team (to counter that 20 fluffer 2 modder imbalance), and assured me Dave didnt hold a grudge and would contact me soon re the first meshes to sort out, what I got was a week later, him deleting on topic posts, and insulting me...

I don't start wars, but I don't walk away from them either. Better they see people willing to fight for this site than some Despot gaining control due to lack of interest...

I originally stated that I had reluctanly offered to come out of retirement so Dave would not be the only candidate...

I hope that SOMEBODY who has been a member of this site for MORE than 4 months volunteers soon... I really do.

:(

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

• I do asked if you wanted to lend a hand with the models, since I liked your meshes. I do aswell excuse myself regarding the commodity icons thread, it was late in the morning, I was half drunk and frenzied by fact that I didn't slept that night. I over-reacted, so once again, I offer my sincere apologies. If you accept them or not, it is your choice.

I don't know why the situation has degenerated like such, but I invite you, Dave, the rest of the Continuum Team, and everyone in here to act more like a family. These words may sound stupid, but we, especially of all the communities out there, should be united.

Said this, I suggest that we remain on topic now.

• In threads like these I sometimes regret the fact, that I'm not here sooner to close them on time, before they are lost.

Seriously what is it with you AD? You always attack either Dave or Folgore with offtopic shit. For example:

All I'm saying here is that the post above could have been written totaly differently and we would have 'saved' a thread for a change. I've always said, keep your personal issues trough private messages and stay on topic. There are just more and more of these topics here on TLR, and we're turning into a flame community.

Whatever issues you have are between you and Dave/Folgore. The rest of the community doesn't want to hear about it.

• just for the protocol
    gibbon is a good man, a good modder and a person i consider a friend
    it would be cool if he doesnt get matter of topic when ppl start to argue with each other

as already mentioned by several ppl on this thread... just stop the bitching
    it really doesnt help

• Dave , Folgore, AD;
    Q_Q

@OP;

Good to see some movement on fixing the issues about the site, thanks for your work.
    I've already mentioned the issue with the archives, and will the uhh... 'Community' bar ever work with Chrome?