Sub-targets in Freelancer: The engine

• Just like in Starlancer, Freelancer's caps have sub-targets (aka external equipment) that can be taken down without destroying the ship.
    (there was a thread talking about the function's hotkeys, so don't confuse this)
    One thing Freelancer doesn't have is the Engine sub-target. I used the Liberty Dreadnaught to try if its possible to destroy the engine as a collision group without destroyign the whole ship. I set the HP of the collision group low, and tested it. The fail was: When you destroy the single group, the whole ship blows, but you damaged only ~5% of its total hull.
    Is there any way to bypass this chain reaction created by destroying one group?

• Yay! It worked! and without the crash I expected!
    Now all I have to find out is how to make it targetable as a sub-target... Is there a way to rename it from "Component" to "Engine"?
    Anyway, thanks OP!

• Yes, Engine, Top_Engine, Bottom_Engine, Port_Engine and Starboard_Engine are possible for type = xxx

In Icaria Sector, my mod for testing stuff, I've made the engine subgroups destructible on all vessels