Inside the Nomad Lair/Lair Core

• I'm trying to make the nomad lair airlocks work properly.
    It's a simple matter of course to have them jump to St02c, but the ship doesn't come out inside the core. It pops into the system outside the core, facing out towards empty space.

I've tried making the dyson_airlock_inside solararch use the jump_out_hp = HpDockPointA01 as that should be far enough away from the jumpgate to place the ship inside the core, but no matter which Hp I use as the jump_out_hp, I always end up outside the core.

Here's my solararch entry:
    [Solar]
    nickname = dyson_airlock_inside
    ids_name = 10917
    ids_info = 10918
    type = JUMP_GATE
    DA_archetype = solar\dockable\jump_hole.3db
    material_library = solar\Solar_mat_misc02.mat
    LODranges = 0, 20000
    mass = 10000
    ;open_anim = Sc_open dock
    open_sound = null
    close_sound = null
    jump_out_hp = HpDockPointA01
    solar_radius = 600
    shape_name = NAV_jumpgate
    docking_sphere = jump, HpDockMountA, 100
    hit_pts = 1e36
    phantom_physics = true

The original jump_out_hp is HpDockMountA. I've tried Hporient and HpDockPointA01 and they all dump me outside the core.

The jumps work just fine although for some reason the jumptunnel effect from the lair to the core is messed up. If I position my ship inside the core and jump out, I end up where I'm supposed to be (outside the lair) and the jump tunnel effect works fine.

Both jumps use:
    jump_effect = jump_effect_bretonia
    and the goto uses gate_tunnel_bretonia

The Lair seems to be using a different jumphole effect as well. The docks on the Lair are surrounded by a white glowing ring, the beginning jump effect is a goldish plasma swirl, and the tunnel is completely messed up. Mostly a white screen with a blue snake twisting around at the bottom of the screen.

Does anyone have this working properly?

• its not a matter of jumptunnel or something like that
    FL always calculates a random jump out point relative to the jump mount

unless you find a way to hex edit FL to reduce this distance you wont have much luck
    this is very likely a global value which will effect all jumpgates and jumpholes too

the only way why it worked in singleplayer is because it was fully scripted

• the only way why it worked in singleplayer is because it was fully scripted

Indeed it is. If you take a look at the mission script (I think it was 12), you'll see that the very specific spawn location in the lair's interior system is written there where it moves the player from ST02 to ST02a.

I think there is a possibility to make it usable with FLHook in MP only, but not in SP.

• The only way I can think of is merging the interior model with the exterior model. But I dont know if thats possible while keeping the animations

• That means either making the Lair model way bigger or making the interior model way smaller.
    I think that you should make a THN scene of the Lair's interior if you want to use it as a base.