FLMM scripts +ids

• I am trying to add info card information in the form of a FLMM script. The ship and weapons work fine however when I try and use IDS Generator to make my ships name and discription I get an error on line 19 that is one of the line that IDS Generator adds. No error if I just leave a 0 there.

If I add the ids_name = 0 ;GENERATESTRRES("Machine Gun") in for a weapon it will not show up it is blank in flight and at the equipment window.

Samething for the ship if I manually enter it ids_name = 0 ;GENERATESTRRES("Swordfish II") will give me IDS? ingame any ideas?

I remeber I use to have a really easy Info card editor for doing all of this it would make new id numbers for you to put into your script. I can't find on here even in the FL_tool packets and SDK people have puyt together. I used for my Privateer ship pack and it would make a new info.dll with all the new entries.

• I believe it's the goods.ini entry that defines what you can see, have you got those there or in the shiparch/weapon_equip inis?

EDIT: As for dll editing for infocards, you're looking for FLED-IDS or FLDEV.

• YES FLDev is what I was thinking of, I would still like to make it with FLMM script as it would mean my ship modd coulds be used with other mods. Fled-ids I have no idea how to use even with the manual telling me what everything is, I don't know how to add and entery and then find it...

EDIT I found a tutorial on how to use fled-ids, I can make it work that way with modified .dll, still doesn't fix the flmm script issue, as I would like to make my mod work able with other mods, once I am done with it for standerd game would like to make it work for Crossfire I want to use my ship in it.

in Goods.ini

[Good]
    nickname = swordfish_hull
    category = shiphull
    ship = swordfish
    price = 6000
    ids_name = 0 ;GENERATESTRRES("Swordfish II")

item_icon = Equipment\models\commodities\nn_icons\bh_heavy.3db

in shiparch ini
    ids_name = 0 ;GENERATESTRRES("Swordfish II")
    ids_info = 0
    ids_info1 = 0
    ids_info2 = 0
    ids_info3 = 0

weapon_equip.ini

[Gun]
    nickname = machine_gun
    ids_name = 0 ;GENERATESTRRES("Machine Gun")

weapon_good.ini

[Good]
    nickname = machine_gun
    equipment = machine_gun
    category = equipment
    price = 500
    item_icon = equipment\models\commodities\nn_icons\EQUIPICON_guni.3db
    combinable = false
    ids_name = 0 ;GENERATESTRRES("Machine Gun")
    ids_info = 264152
    shop_archetype = equipment\models\weapons\li_rad_launcher.cmp
    material_library = equipment\models\li_equip.mat

everythign reads in game as as UNKNOWN OBJECT for everything with the ;generatestrres
    Any ideas?

• well, yeah... ehmmm
    k

1. depening on the number of ids you want to add i would advise not to use flmm to add them to an existing file
    -> flmm has limits... once you reach them it will stop working correctly
    2. making a mod compatible with other mods is not easy as the mods use different ranges of resources inside their dlls and even different dll names
    you would need to place your ids into a vanilla dll and very often this will lead to side effects since empty id strings are often reserved or meant to stay empty (i made this mistake years ago and had to fix the problems over a very long period of time)
    3. Crossfire is a bad example as it very likely will overwrite your changes right at the moment you start the game

• Figure it out how to make it work in Flmm for every item and entery that you want to show up in info card or item names needs a unique number followed by the ;GENERATESTRRES("DISPLAYED TEXT")

so like this

ids_name = 9999999999 ;GENERATESTRRES("Machine Gun")

ids_name = 9999999998 ;GENERATESTRRES("Plasma Cannon")

ids_name = 9999999997 ;GENERATESTRRES("Swordfish II")

Now all items will show up in shop and repair show as well as ship info cards, right in the FLMM script!

This works for any item INFO cards you just need to formate the text correctly

ids_name = 9999999995 ;GENERATESTRRES("SwordFish II")
    ids_info = 9999999994 ;GENERATESTRRES("<xml><RDL><PUSH/><TEXT/><PARA/><TRA data="1" mask="1" def="-2"/><JUST loc="center"/><TEXT>Stats</TEXT><PARA/><TRA data="0" mask="1" def="-1"/><JUST loc="left"/><TEXT/><PARA/><TEXT>Guns/Turrets: 6/1</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>Armor: 2200</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>Cargo Holds: 25</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>Max Batteries/NanoBots: 63/63</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>Optimal Weapon Class: 10</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>Max. Weapon Class: 10</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>Additional Equipment: M, CM, CD/T</TEXT><PARA/><PARA/><POP/></RDL></xml>")
    ids_info1 = 9999999993 ;GENERATESTRRES("<xml><RDL><PUSH/><TRA data="1" mask="1" def="-2"/><JUST loc="center"/><TEXT>PX-05 Swordfish II MONO Racer</TEXT><PARA/><TRA data="0" mask="1" def="-1"/><JUST loc="left"/><TEXT> </TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>An old MONO racer, this spaceplane has been modified and refitted extensively to give the craft superior performance and handling. The incredible speed of the Swordfish II enables the craft to rapidly overtake most other aircraft/spacecraft and the ship features numerous high-powered thrusters allowing for quick stops and instant changes in flight. For use in combat, the Swordfish II carries four, sealed internal machine guns for short to medium range firing and one turret mounted, high-powered plasma cannon attached to the ventral side of the fuselage for long range attack. The racer also has the option of using missiles on the two hardpoints mounted on the outside edge of each wing. See You Space Cowboy....</TEXT><PARA/><POP/></RDL></xml>")
    ids_info2 = 9999999992 ;GENERATESTRRES("<xml><RDL><PUSH/><TRA data='1' mask='1' def='-2'/><TEXT>Stats</TEXT><PARA/><TRA data='0' mask='1' def='-1'/><TEXT/><PARA/><TEXT>Gun/Turret Mounts:</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>Armor:</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>Cargo Space:</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>Max Batteries/NanoBots:</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>Optimal Weapon Class:</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>Max. Weapon Class:</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>Additional Equipment: </TEXT><PARA/><POP/></RDL></xml>")
    ids_info3 = 9999999991 ;GENERATESTRRES("<xml><RDL><PUSH/><TEXT/><PARA/><TEXT/><PARA/><TEXT>6/1</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>2200</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>25</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>63/63</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>10</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>10</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>M, CM, CD/T</TEXT><PARA/><POP/></RDL></xml>")

This doesn't seem to work with the widescreen mod with this activated first don't know why tho?

• It might have been just the widescreen issue mod, giving each item an id number doesn't hurt anyways makes it easy to look up stuff later.

Here she is

Pretty happy with the end result! :D