beating hovis in a race

• is there anyway to beat hovis or skip this mission ?
    im stuck on it and cannot get past it.
    is there a command line i can change to skip, or maybe deactiate the AI ?

also is there anyway to reduce the ammount of money need till i gain a level?

i messed with the character editor and now im worth 93 million, i want to make it back to 200k like it should be.

please help, im stuck and cannot move on. i want to play the crossfire story line but im still stuck on some SP issues !!

• Seriously? Can't beat Hovis?! I mean, really?!?! Well, you could just use the mod that changes your cruising speed (it comes with FLMM), or go and change the "CRUISING_SPEED" entry in (Freelancer\DATA\)constants.ini to anything you want.

Sorry if I'm being a bit harsh, but its just a surprise to me that you couldn't pass it even one time given infinite attempts.

• Well, but if you increase cruise speed you wont catch the track rings. Also, afaik there was a minimod that made you skip the race. But I dunno if its still online

• You can change his engine with new one with parameters that can't beat you...

Engine like this:
    maximum speed 10
    cruise charge time 36000 seconds(10hours)

• Well, ive beat him plenty of times before but its a bit hard to beat him on my new laptop, I keep sliding outside the rings and missing them completely. Even at normal speeds.

Where would i find hovis's file so I could edit it? Seems like the best way to do it.

Im playing on the newest version on crossfire btw, 1.9

• Well full name of the opponent in the race is Dexter Hovis. You have to edit loadouts.ini - fing "MSN06_Dexter" - first line of equip "equip = ge_bwf_engine_01" rewrite to your new engine and safe.