engbase.dll offset 000124bd

• yeah i added the dll to dacomsrv and no crashes all day, man i love you i have tryed to find this crash bug for ages
    its so random and never gets reported in the server error log.
    Thank You!

• The error did not stop.
    the dll shows as loaded in the console ....
    Stopped NPC`s using batteries, edited shiparch so all the ships use HpShield01, removed the shield online sound, lastly i have set shield rebuild time to zero.
    still i am getting the 000124bd error.
    I noticed that the npc shield rebuild, is there a default time ?
    Do have any other leads that i can follow ??????

• ok i have finally worked this out..

when any mounted equipment is hit the damage is passed to the ship`s root, now the client wont crash but the server will. This is due to the Hp not being listed in the meshes .sur, so the damage can not be passed (function in engbase.dll) and the sever crashes.

This this were the damage gets "spashed" on to the meshes root like CollisionGroup`s

[GUN]

parent_impulse = 20

child_impulse = 80

as a test i deleted all the *.sur files from EQUIPMENT on the server, the next error was when a shield was hit.
    I am currently testing with .sur`s removed and child & parent impulse commented out

• ok after some testing i am getting very good results.

Server Side

first i removed the .sur files from equipment and other places that i had made .sur for mounted equips.

on the hud i can see weapons still taking damage but no crashes.

i tryed "root_health_proxy = false" as an entry in a weapon i had made but this sadly did not work.

Ship .surs

i made the ship surs with sur builder

now i still got a few "BAD HITS" these were on the thruster, ECM & Shield meshes(mounted equpiment), so i imported the models in to MS renamed the groups and exported the new cmps and edited relevant files.

now this is a bit of a kicker for me

i received a crash from a missile projectile getting hit "li_rad_missile.3db", maybe the projectile stuff needs a hit box ?? but the missiles are untouched ... maybe its a false report ...

So my next step is to make new .cmps for all mounted equips and projectiles.

i will post back more info

My other plan is to use vanilla surs and match the mod`ed ships to them.

• Results from Testing.

all mounted equipment sur files were deleted before test were run.

Microsoft / Digital Avail did not use unique names for their groups inside cmp/3db meshes.

after renaming the groups and exporting the new meshes the crashes from the cm dropper, ku_thruster and li_rad_missile crashes from these appear to have ceased.

in conclusion it appears that you will need to repair some of the sur files used by projectiles and mounted equipment as well as adding HpIds to sur files that you have made or to vanilla meshes that you added extra Hard points to ie: thrusters ect.

My next question is which is the best method/app to append sur files with Hard Point ids ?

• do you use vanilla sur files or custom sur files and or multi part meshes?
    these type of crashes can be random so the way to push the probability is increase density and max battle in your system encounter use cap ships with missiles in the mix, now sit back a wait ...

• the single part ones by just exporting them in milkshape after they got cleaned
    maybe the settings play a role here
    after that i opened them in a sur tool changed some settings and exported them again

i can not say which of the steps makes the surs resistent to the problem
    all i know is that i dont experience any problems

maybe there is even a totally different explanation as my mod is highly different from vanilla FL
    with tons of plugins, fixes and changed hex values

• yes i have removed paths and now looking for the crash, but i was unable to find the offset >< TY for answering so quick :)

now i have a crash

in common.dll

offset 000ea3fb

both the client and sever crashed

at one time the server did not crash i returned to the server and the next offset was

00100cce in common.dll both server and client crashed.

Code
    1. NOTICE:General: VMESH: couldnt find material 4100510260
    2. C:\work\builds\dalibs\dalibs-build\build\Src\RendComp\VMesh\VMPartArch.cpp(697) : NOTICE:General: VMESH: couldnt find material 4100510260
    3. C:\work\builds\dalibs\dalibs-build\build\Src\RendComp\VMesh\VMPartArch.cpp(697) : NOTICE:General: VMESH: couldnt find material 4100510260
    4. C:\work\builds\dalibs\dalibs-build\build\Src\RendComp\VMesh\VMPartArch.cpp(697) : NOTICE:General: VMESH: couldnt find material 0
    5. C:\work\builds\dalibs\dalibs-build\build\Src\RendComp\VMesh\VMPartArch.cpp(697) : NOTICE:General: VMESH: couldnt find material 0
    6. C:\work\builds\dalibs\dalibs-build\build\Src\RendComp\VMesh\VMPartArch.cpp(697) : NOTICE:General: VMESH: couldnt find material 0

is the las lines in flspew.txt, is a missing material going to crash clien and server ????