Looking for volunteers to help write an FL fanfic

• I want to start a fanfic where several people help write a story. I thought I'd like to start it off with several people writing different characters first, and later as we get to know the characters, anyone can write any character. It's about continuing the story. I know a fanfic like this was done many years ago by Sycho_Warrior. I think FreighterFighter and Sir_Spectre also wrote parts of it. (Can't remember the fanfic's name) Maybe some of you will remember that fanfic and will have an idea of what I want to do.

My fanfic will start just before the Liberty Navy turn on Trent and Juni. The main characters will be non-FL characters, but their stories will be woven through some of the events in FL and there will also be some of the FL characters (Like Trent and Juni etc.) . My main character is a woman (whose name I'm still trying to decide). She's also on the run, but from non-FL parties. She happens to be on planet Manhatten, coincidentally at the same time as Trent and Juni (their last meeting on Manhatten as the Liberty Navy begins to hunt them). I basically start with her escape from Manhatten (from her persuers - but her trouble isn't FL-related). I am looking for people interested in writing characters such as Juni, Trent, Watcher (a non-FL character) and several more as the story progresses.

If anyone is intersted, please reply to this post. You don't have to be an expert writer - I think my own writing skills are a bit rusty, and at best, probably average. The idea here is for writers just to have fun. You have to dust off your FL games, though, just to recheck what is where and what happened in the FL storyline. Personally, I think such a fanfic could be interesting. :) I really hope that some of you will be interested.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

• It sounds interesting, and somehow resembles the general idea of my fanfic "Military Crisis" (which is not finished and therefore not published). Its about a Rheinland military pilot who gets involved in the storyline in Mission 4 (if I remember right) where you meet a few rebellion Rheinland pilots in California. I have a few of those fanfics, such as "Barracuda" which tells the story of a Bounty Hunter squadron that later gets involved in the main storyline as Trent and Juni escape from Liberty space through Magellan and face a few Bounty Hunters that want to kill them for the bounty. Those are not just fanfics, but also storyline missions mods I plan to create once I have time to finish writing them.

So about your thing: I could give you a hand if I find any free time between studies and my own projects, but don't count on me about it.

• PolarBear thank you for your offer. Your mod in progress sounds interesting. What I had in mind was that several people write the story. Where one stops, the other continues, so that you never really know what direction the story is going to take. Everyone adds a bit. I thought that writing specific characters first would just make it easier at the beginning. (You'll probably not have the time for this type of thing though, but you are more than welcome to participate where you can when you can when I get the fic up...I'd just like to see if there's enough interest for this first.)

Btw I'm also studying - I'm writing my exams in May. Good luck with your own studies. :) (Oh and I like the name "Military Crisis")

Bob can you tell me more about your D20 campaign?

• As I'm writing exams later this month, I'll be busy studying over the next few weeks, so I might be quiet for a while. I'd like to start the fanfic in June. Again, if anyone is interested in writing of the characters, please let me know. This fanfic will require participation. I need some volunteers and I really hope that some of you will be willing to get involved.

• If I get you right, Tuks, you want to create a "story besides the story"? Or do you just want to add to the main story? Sounds interesting, though, and I might join, despite somewhat limited time. Can't promise much, but if I get ignited I'll do all and everything. 8)

Cheerio.

• That's right. My "story besides the story" will be the main story and some events in FL will be part of it (interwoven into it), but FL itself will not be the major story. For example, Stealth, my character, is on the run from non-FL parties and finds herself on Manhatten at the time when Trent and Juni have their last meeting there. She has escaped from most persuers, but Watcher and 3kSeeker, two more experienced, ingenious and malevolent non-FL villains are still tracking her. She "meets" Trent (to her, a mere pilot) by chance, and it is not he, but his ship which interests her. She doens't know that he is about to encounter worser trouble than hers...and he doesn't know about her or her "escape plan". In her story (part of the main story), Trent's appearance presents an opportunity for Stealth to get away, but he and his troubles are simply a sub-story interwoven in the main plot.

(3kSeeker, Watcher and Trent and Juni are some of the characters that will be featuring in the fanfic...I'm thinking of calling the fic Flight to Freedom, with "Flight" of course having both meanings.) As the story unfolds, more characters will be introduced, but where I start off with Stealth, its only her and those four in the introduction/first scene.

• I've completed my exams this week and am currently working on the fanfic. I will post it either next week or the week thereafter, then everyone who wishes to participate can also write parts. If it's ok with you all, I'll open the fanfic, Flight to Freedom, in the fanfic section and above it I'll post a thread for comments on the fic so that we can communicate about it without disrupting the actual story. I'm going to be covering Stealth's escape from Manhatten and I'd like someone to write a bit from the perspective of Watcher as he loses his quarry right after the escape part (of course, I'll first post the Escape before one of you write that part, but those interested in participating can already decide who is going to write Watcher). Thank you for the positive feedback you've already given. Hope to get the fic up soon.

• I'm still writing on the fic. Will have to get it up next week. Almost done, but its hard work and I struggle with some parts. I hope that when I get it up you will enjoy it. Sorry that it's taking so long.

• Ok I finally got the fanfic up. Sorry for the long wait. Please post comments on it in the comments thread and those who want to continue the story can post in the actual story thread. I know PolarBear already commented in the story thread. I think I was still busy with the Comments thread at the time.

Anyway, enjoy the fic!

• As no one has yet volunteered to write the next part of the FtF fanfic, I'll write it. Again, anyone who wants to contribute to it, can. Just let me know. At this stage, however, it seems that I'm on my own in FtF. I would still like to have a community-fic, though. Maybe FtF isn't meant to be it. So I have a different proposition:
    I want someone to write a short paragraph and post it in the fanfic section. It can be about anything. It should not be a complete story; just one paragraph. Then the next person writes a short paragraph, in response to the previous paragraph, continuing the story-in-the-making. If enough people contribute in this manner, we should have a very interesting story in a short time.
    Is there anyone who will volunteer for this? I will gladly contribute to such a thread. But I want someone else to start it. Just make sure to label it as a community fic so that others can know that their contributions are welcome.
    I'll look forward to seeing if anyone will actually do this. In the meantime, I'll work on FtF but it will take some time for me to finish the next part.

• Excellent! I would definately like that. Now is Crysis's exam this week? Tell him/her I say good luck with the exam. Btw I'm a woman. Just to be clear, is Crysis going to do the one paragraph story or contribute to FtF? Many thanks, Swat and Crysis :)

• Also, if it is FtF will Crysis write about Watcher's plans or continue the story in another way? I'm working on Wathcer's plans, but I will give Crysis preference if he/she wants to continue FtF, whether writing Watcher or continuing in another way. Perhaps Crysis can post in the FtF comments thread when the exams are done, then we can resolve it directly.