• Hello there

after a long time, I rebuyed StarLancer a week ago.

I ever loved the game and it's still great I think!

So i searched for a mod and did'nt find one but heared in an other Forum about a sequel.
    With this it should be possible to play the normal campaign "on the other side" as a coalation pilot. Is that true?

I am really interrested to play that campaign - i'm sorry for my bad english :)

Thx 4your answers !

Greetings

• Thx for you answer, I know that Freelancer is the "official sequel" from StarLancer - and yes, i still buyed it :)
    but i'm not really happy whit FL cause it has nothing to do with StarLancer and there is a big part of the story i never heared.

and freelancer is not a "SpaceShooter" (myopinion)

The mod campaign i heared from was on a german board (don't know if you understand german)

"naja ich find die Mod Kampangne "The other Side" irgendwie besser als das Original. Macht schon Bock auf seiten der Roten zu kämpfen (und das in ca. 40 Missionen) und die ANS Reliant zu jagen und hinterher im Finalen Kampf das Allianz HQ mit der ANS Yamato zu killen wenn man auf der CZ Czar stationiert ist;)"

Anyway i would love to "pepp up" StarLancer a little bit with some mod, cause like I said before, freelancer is not one of my fav. games to Play :)

I will be glad about any reference to a mod campaign to :)

greetings

• Well, if you dislike Freelancer you don't have so much to do here.
    In fact, what you said about Freelancer not being a "SpaceShooter" is only half-correct. Freelancer is a role-play space shooter flight simulator (yes, multi-genre). In StarLancer there wasn't the part of the role-play since you could only be a fighter there. But define it as you wish.

Just to inform you: StarLancer is now a dead game. No new mods, no new nothing. But its nice to see that people still remember it. Personally, I really loved the campaign there and the methodics with the video cutscenes.

• I don't dislike it, but i don't like it as much as i liked StarLancer :)

I know that StarLancer is dead :( thats the reason why i'm asking for old mods - i don't have any of them.

but there seems to be some. I dont have any experiance in modding myself.

In freelancer i miss the "Wing" get started from a big carrier and the great dialogs..
    the enemies aren't as good either (but i did not finish the game yet, i'm on it)

just wanted to ask if there is any "oldstuff" could refresh my StarLancer experiance :)

greetings

• Eine derartige Mod Kampagne gibt es nicht.
    Starlancer hatte noch nie Mods die zb. neue Missionen eingefügt haben. Dies war und ist technisch nicht machbar, da es weder einen Missionseditor gibt noch eine Möglichkeit Missionsdateien auszulesen.

Was also im Egosoft Forum steht ist ganz klar eine Fehlinformation.
    Wenn es eine Starlancer Mod gäbe dann wüsste ich es.
    Es gibt jedoch Freelancer Mods wie zb. Gibbons Starlancer Shippack oder die Crossfire Mod (welche immerhin die Coalition wieder in die Freelancer Kampagne bringt).

• Besten Dank für deine informative Antwort -

Ist halt sehr schade, habe nie mehr ein Space game gefunden das mir ein ähnliches Feeling vermittelt hat wie StarLacer :)

Andere Mods sind also eigentlich nur Schiffsimplementationen oder Skill Veränderungen?

Grüsse