How to add other sectors on NavMap?

• Well the tittle said all

Indeed, i would add new sectors (get rid off the Sirius one) on my mod, but as all of you surely know, the current one is a bit limited, and to be honest, i want to force future (eventual) players to give up the "old" Vanilla world and discover. I spended my time to browse all the forums, but i found nothing about it. Isn't there a mean to edit some *ini files in the INTERFACE folder?

• If the interface navmap had MIPs I assume it could be possible...
    What you can do is extend the general universe map. By this I mean relocate all the systems from Sirius to a smaller cluster, and add another map that will be aside it. Take for example the sector map of the Russian mod "Curse of the Daam-K'Vosh" (picture attached): They moved the whole Sirius sector to the upper left, and added 2 new ones so that there would be a lot of systems for the players to explore. I'm planning to use exactly the same method with EoC.

• Unfortunately, no. At the time it was new, and even later, only Russian FL fans knew about it and nobody bothered to translate it as the community in which it was created and released gave up on Freelancer (Elite Games RU). You could search for it there if you want.
    But I have to admit, this was one of the best mods released at that time. Not only that it added lots of new ships, weapons and systems, but it also was the first mod to edit effects (Probably not through the ale files), and it had it's own SP missions that were a sequal to the original ones, in which you fight a new faction of cultisit that terrorises humanity and eventually find out more about the Nomads. A very well done mod in my opinion.

• There's a lot of free space in the NavMap, probably 75% or something, if we start with the Vanilla. Sad to say, I've forgotten most of what I did once... I also lost most of my Freelancer material when building a new computer. But the NavMap is something like 20x20 = 400 possible systems in total. Dunno really, but Frontierspace has some 150 systems, and you can see it here, http://i514.photobucket.com/al…akki/Frontierspacemap.jpg, where every and each point is available. So, you can put a lot of extra stuff in there. And the "physical" distance on the map doesn't matter at all, since you don't run it... You do it by gates - not Bill, but anyway.

Hopefully I find the time to participate. ;)

EDIT: Remebered I had this: http://i514.photobucket.com/al…arahakki/Mappositions.jpg

• There's a lot of free space in the NavMap, probably 75% or something, if we start with the Vanilla...But the NavMap is something like 20x20 = 400 possible systems in total

Yeah, true, we can add a lot of systems. On Freelancer Explorer (makes my life so easy :D ), all works fine, but in game, and when we open the navmap, certain systems are piled in certain sectors (in the extremities of the map), I noticed it repeatedly, whether it is on my own work or on other mods.

• I think there is someway to make the map bigger by editing the HUD and making its size bigger on the screen. Of course this may cause some problems with the resolution, so you will have to edit every available resolution the game contains with HUD shifting... So if you want simpler just stick to my original solution, is the simplest you could find.

personally i still would prefer a different solution as i dont want to put too many details in a small window

Same here, that's why i posted this thread.

But for now, PolarBear's solution seems the best