Coming back to Freelancer.

• It has been years since i have bothered with the game, mostly gave up due to how lag just really annoys me in this game, but otherwise one it is still the best game i have played for its simplicity.

I did have an account here a while back, I can only assume that it got shelved with the old forum, by the looks of things.

I am thoroughly glad to hear that people are trying to work on making a sequel, even if Microsoft has done nothing but ignore this game even exists, but it is their IP, so what they do is up to them, I still find it odd that after this amount of time they are still stubborn about the Original code, though i have my theories, I doubt they really exist in reality, though i found it odd that the Halo mod died so abruptly, then I witnessed a space section in Halo Reach, made me wonder obviously.

Either way I hope to stay at least a bit more active, though I am almost certain that my disc for Freelancer is corrupted by scratches to its surface, finding it rather odd that it still plays with no obvious problems though, not sure what to do there.

• StriderXzX,

you are entitled to make a safety copy of your Freelancer. Microsoft has always granted that right even for their OS. Another option is, make an ISO of your Freelancer disc. That way you don't need a physical disc at all = no worries about wear down. A reliable program is here Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview

Legally, you have the right to use the program. You do not own the program. But legally, your right to use the program is not limited by time or wear of media. Unless it is specifically limited by time, you have the right to ensure your right to be able to use the program.

I bought a Windows 7 Professional from Microsoft, I have the right to download it 20 times. That's what they give me. Personally, I may take...

Sorry if it get's boring. Life has so many aspects.

:rolleyes: