Mods activating but not working

• I've searched and searched for an answer to my problem but I can't find anyone else who has had the same problem as me.

I have Windows 7, 64 bit. Installed Freelancer fine, installed Freelancer Mod Manager v1.3 fine. I even figured out how to activate, and run, Discovery 8.84 and the Speed Mod. Had a blast playing Freelancer again after a few years away.

Now, I deactivated Discovery because I want to try playing the game as is, except I want to keep the Speed mod. I quickly found out I had to reinstall Freelancer. So, I did. Runs fine.

FLMM, however, does not. I uninstalled it and re-installed it with no problems. I can activate the Speed Mod just fine and it says it's loaded just fine, no error messages.

I even load FLMM as Administrator (learned I had to that from searching the forums). I even tried running Freelancer as Administrator. But no matter what I do, the Speed mod doesn't work despite the fact FLMM says it's activated just fine with no error messages at all. Yet, the Speed Mod is not working.

Just as a test, I tried de-activating it and activating other mods. The only ones that actually activate without any error messages are: Black Hole, Friendly Universe, Ghost Docking Ring, Speed Mod. The rest of the mods that automatically come with FLMM all get error messages if I try activating them (and only one at a time to boot).

The only Mod I've actually tested in-game and I know for sure does not work is the Speed Mod. I have not tried Discovery again yet or any other Mods. I'm afraid to now.

I have also tried to activate Federation Ship Pack from the downloads section but I get an error message from that too.

It's weird, just today the Speed mod was working and now FLMM says it's working, I run the program and run Freelancer both as Admin but when I get to playing the game, it doesn't work.

Can someone please help me?

• I too have had problems with both Freelancer and FLMM to work under Windows 7 64bit. I did find a work around and that is to run them under compatibility mode as Windows XPSP2.

I also had trouble activating and running Federation Ship Pack v2.3. I finally found what seems to be them problem; in the script ' Default Starting Ship.xml' the last data set entry,

<data file="data\missions\M13\M13.ini" method="sectionreplace"><section>
    [Trigger]
    nickname = bse_initialize_init_li01
    </section><dest>
    Act_SetShipAndLoadout = ge_fighter, msn_playerloadout
    </dest><source>
    Act_SetShipAndLoadout = T9_shuttle, msn_playerloadout
    </source></data>

Should be and can be deleted and everything will work normally.

• Maybe the problem isn't with Freelancer (program) and/or FLMM.
    Are the player save game files still in the directory (.fl) is so then the problem might be that the save games are not compatible with other mods. I found this out after long frustrating hours trying to get FL to run.

try moving the '.fl' files (saved game).