new to Lancers Reactor, not too new to FL

• Hello Everyone!
    I played Freelancer for a while, off and on since about 2005. I found it a little late. A friend and I played Age of Empires II: Conquerers to death, and went to find a new game. I started looking around to see if I could find what happened to a game I loved to play in the early 90's called Fed Space. I looked and looked and couldn't find mention of it anyw...
    oops... Well, I couldn't find any mention of it over the years until: just now. I figured I'd better check my facts before blathering along to obvious space sim fans :P and did a quick search. *sigh* Why is it showing up now?
    OK, so, it looks like it was called "Federation", not Fed Space like I thought. I think we played it through AOL, and I just found a page that says Federation was on AOL in the early 90's, PLUS there is Federation II since 2003. You all probably know all about that so I'll hush.
    Soooo aaanyway.... Loved that game and was looking for it when I found Freelancer. I was a little bummed when I tried to connect to online servers and found the global server missing. Eventually found my way here and was excited to see such die-hard fans keeping Freelancer alive. Thank you.

This has probably already been discussed in the forums, but, I am curious how many of you are waiting for Chris Roberts' new StarCitizen sim. Will you defect? Play both? Ignore it?
    My experience with Age of Empires steers me towards a hopeful NO on SC killing FL. For me, no game has topped AOE:C or FL for re-playability and just plain fun (I thought AOE III was $^#&*(@ #$@ *#$& bad. Bought it. Shelved it forever.)

Thanks for keeping FL alive! I gotta go find Juni. She's been AWOL for a week.

• star citizen in my eyes is nothing but a money making machine... not more not less
    every 2 weeks new methods to earn money for them is being presented and eventhough they already have the 7mio$ you practically have to pay for everything extra
    Chris Roberts has not released a successful game during the past 16 years and i dont think that star citizen will be an exception... just alone the system requirements will prevent that many people can actually play this game.

• Well, if you take a look around you can see that this forum is more about modding and not fanatics, yet the fans are not such a small part of it!
    Personally, I don't play that lots of futuristic Sims, but Freelancer really is an amazing one!
    This subject brings me bacm to one game I used to.play back at the day. Echelon is the name, and it also has a sequal! I think.you might wanna try it ;)
    anyways, welcome to TLR! If you have any questions about FL, the storyline or whatever you're interested in, this is the place.

• SWAT_OP-R8R
    yeah, I agree. I'm on the fence about how things are going down with them. They have an awfully snazzy Star-Citizen table to eat pizza on. Hopefully the end product actually reflects the now probably $8 million they've received. Incredible amount. The subscription-only area kinda miffed me off. Agreed on the PC specs needed to run it. Right now my system eats anything on the market like a mid morning snack, but two years from now I'm sure that won't be the case LOL. I'm hoping I can just add another video card. But it really does seem like your run of the mill COSTCO computer may not push the graphics. That's one thing that's fun about FL, you can run it on almost any computer that still boots up!

@ polarbear
    Thanks for the welcome. I found a trailer for Echelon. It was in Russian. That's awesome. later I'll look for a copy. Looks like maybe amazon might have one. Maybe gog.com.