Freelancer + Linux

• Maybe my question is stupid but I would have wanted to know if it was possible to bring FL + 1 mod under Linux, without using Wine? In brief, is there a possible (legal) hack of dll and/or executable to authorize the porterage? All this of course without disassembling anything, having read somewhere that the source code would have been lost.

I already made tests to run a server with a virtualized XP under Debian, but I think it could be great to complete this possiblity by adapting Freelancer to a Linux Distro.

FL always will need a specific game environment to run.

Could you give me some examples, please? Do you want to talk about the game engine itself, for example?

No doubt that adapting FL to Linux ask a lot of work to tansform dlls and executables to be readable by a linux kernel, but as this one is "customizable" until the infinite, I thought that it would exist a way to do the job.

• Try Wineskin Winery. I'm using it under OS X but its for linux too. And yes, you can also use FLMM with it, as long as you install it in the same Wrapper. You might need to tinker around with engine versions to get it running as you want

• Thanks Drake, but I didn't find any Linux version for Wineskin Winery and it seems it's a porterage of Wine under MacOS X, and as far I remember , adding specific dlls (those added into a mod) aren't accepted by Wine.
    I will look further, because considering that the "stable branch" of Debian don't use the latest versions of softs, but the most stable, maybe changing to the "testing branch" could fix it, as this one accept the latest versions of softwares.

I will give news as soon I find a solution :)

Thanks again for your time.

• hey, excellent

but, it means that I have to not take the "Testing" branch but the "Unstable" one....who said Ubuntu? <joke inside>

Any way, that what I love on Linux, the possibilities are infinite

Many thanks, :thumbup: I will study this.