The B*** Came Back

• I came back to screw some prostitutes!

lol jk, I thought about working again on the same old mods I'm never gonna finish, but seems like it's a pretty worthless ides. So yay to good old *EMPTY* TLR forums!

I just saw something on Reddit, and it reminded me of the /v/lancer parody mod, so I found out there's a whole wiki of this crap and it's funny as hell :P
    /v/lancer Wiki
    (yeah it makes fun of Crossfire, sorry OP but it was damn funny)

So yeah, I guess I'll keep having my dream of one day seeing an official Freelancer 2 made by fans who bought out the franchise, and till then I'll make my own worthless stuff that would never be competition to anything :D

Nice seeing you guys! (Or just OP, whose gonna be the only one to read and comment)

• Well, that depends on the definition of active :P

Active - logs in here occasionally, checks for new posts, replies to some...

Hell, I even played FL last month, and a couple of months back I got around to importing the turrets I made for that Lib erty Destroyer I started a couple or 3 years back.

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...

• As usual, I'm way too late to say hi, but for what it's worth, hi! :)
    From time to time I try to learn to model with blender. Want to model some of the characters in the fic. By the time I can, there'll probably not be a point any more, lol. But I keep trying...
    So keep trying. It's always worthwhile working towards a dream.

• One day, when we make a full remake of the original Freelancer on a more advanced engine, your models will probably be used. So you have that faith ^^
    I'm currently reconstructing my other mod, GalaxyLancer, from leftovers, so basically I haven't lost it yet ;)
    If you're interested in giving a hand with the graphics, you're more than welcome.

• Atheistic Demon... A nickname I haven't seen for whole ages!
    How have you been?

Oh so so, played a lot of X3, visited SecondLife, dabbled in Sacred 2, even occaqsionally messed with fl modding...

Still alive, still following the demise of my enemies plans, lol. Fun thread over at 'the other place' about a mod I predicted would never be made...

So you're back on the GalaxyLancer project huh...

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...

• I

One day, when we make a full remake of the original Freelancer on a more advanced engine, your models will probably be used. So you have that faith ^^
    I'm currently reconstructing my other mod, GalaxyLancer, from leftovers, so basically I haven't lost it yet ;)
    If you're interested in giving a hand with the graphics, you're more than welcome.

'
    I'm currently working on a game which has its mechanics largely based on Freelancer. Though it's giving me quite some trouble since I recently ported it from XNA to SharpDX (I just can't seem to get the texures working. Whenever I enable them in the render code the game crashes. Also, collision detection a a big pain in the ass)

• Drake: I think you should base it on some engine, though it would make it less original but will definitely cut a big part of the work.
    Anyways, good luck!

Demon: Glad to see you're active. I'm kinda done with "fun threads" at our 'other place' since some Sizer guy always finds an original way to ban me. But hey, it still gives me the funnies to see them hatin' :P
    And yeah, this time I start from the very basics of plotting and pre-planning. There's a lot of stuff I want to add.

• Polarbear, you'd have to give me a long time to learn the graphics properly...I feel really lost. I used to get by with an older version of Blender, but this new one is tricky. They changed a lot.
    Currently studying, so no time to model, except when I need to forget studies. But progress is very slow.

• It's alright, I guess I'll be doin them myself anyway.
    I always preferred 3Ds Max. They never change their interface no matter how new the version is. They only add more useful elements. It's simple to work with, a bit glitchy sometimes but basically I find it prefect for my needs.
    You could look for an old version of Blender somewhere on the internet though.

• After I got into it I found 3dsMax really easy to work with, though my models are still crappy :P
    Fortunately I can get a 3dsMax license for free legally :D

• My frist models were really crappy too :P
    It's all about practice. I recently made this, which may still be low poly (and took me 3 hours with the texture) but it's fit for FL ^_^
    If all you want to do is make your own models for FL, you don't need any special skills.