playing on Windows 8.1

• Installed FL on Windows 8.1. Original story line SP works ok. I am unable to get SDK, FLMM, any mods, all othe tools as well. I would appreciate any and all help. Am willing to buy another PC and install Windows XP if this is the only fix.

• G'day KnotNvce

I have Freelancer Crossfire running fine (well mostly) on Win 8.1 64-bit OS and I didn't do anything special to make it work...Basically installed FL, then installed FLMM, and lastly ran the XFire installed and activated it in the Mod Manager. Same basic idea as I did with Win 7 before this..Only different things I have done/noticed is that both FLMM and FL are running as Admin and the other thing I did is I copied across my config file (in the user/saves path) from my Win 7 install. Can provide my config file if it might help...I run a wide screen (16:10) display as well...the reason I say "well almost" is in the cut scenes I have audio but not video. I had the same issue to start with in Win 7 but the fix was on the compatibility tab for the freelancer.exe and to select the "disable visual themes" option however I don't think that option exists in Win 8 as these themes are a basic part of ALL windows themes now :( if anyone has an idea how to fix this in Win 8 will be more than willing to listen but the game play itself works perfectly for me...

Hope this helps...

MickeyD