Torpedo Barrage

• racheting down your radar so it´s not long range (by default) seems to help my torp hunting escapades. That will only target the ones closest to you, but if you´re not where you´re supposed to be (like guarding a cap ship) you might just be drawn farther away from the ship you´re defending. For instance, in mission 8, if you stay close to the Reliant and utilize the short range radar, you´ll target the ones closest to the Reliant, which is the main idea. BTW, I also remap my keyboard so hitting the "X" button to target torps. Just too much of a stretch for my stubby fingers to reach from the TAB to the T. How often do I really need to check my wingman anyway? Creator of Privateer FAQ - life is a journey, not a destination! If it ain´t broke, you´re not hitting it hard enough! Edited by - Stinger on 1/11/01 8:51:14 PM

• Thanks Stinger...I´ll put your advice to practice and see how well I do. I did figure out that when you´re told to "protect" a ship or group of ships...get close to them and stay there and always hit the "T" key (I actually hit both the T and the R keys to get the nearest target)...but I didn´t think about using the radar set to closest range...my thanks! Digger

Digger - If my wingmen would do their job, my name would be different