singature rules proposal

• Can u guys pls stop saming in signatures with pictures, its making mess in reading,
    or perheps admin can allow only txt signatures,
    and pls have some disency fiew lines only not novell on signature,
    dunno how to explain those pictures r so anoying
    isnt avatar enough to express ur 'uniqness'?

• umm, knife, it already is in the rules :p

• Signatures. Signatures used in threads need to be limited to normal text size, and to one posting per thread. It gets the name of your info out, without cluttering up the threads with a lot of over used advertising.

Proud owner of a MacBook: 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120 GB hard drive
    Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

The time has come, Join The Resistance!

• aaaaaaaaahhh i don't like this idea.

do this:

-don't allow links. this will stop other sites' ad.
    -allow imgs to 700x300 at least.

this won't hurt anyone here... also, one per thread... this idea is crazy, this is the first place which i see this kind of rules :?

• Quote from "Fire_Wolf_br"

... this idea is crazy, this is the first place which i see this kind of rules :?

Not at all ! The "old" Lancer's reactor had the same rules. I remember countless efforts of the "bearded Aussie Mod" (FinalDay ? Sorry, cannot remember correctly his nick atm) to limit the use of avatars and signatures to one per thread.

Btw: you can switch on or off avatars, signatures, pictures, flash animations etc in the User Control Panel, Board preferences, edit display options.
    Yes, I have switched them off because I think they are ... well ... ridiculous.

• Ahh, Zazie, long time no see. FD wasn't Asussi(sp) though. ;)

Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

• Ok, taking the links out...wtf? A simple link is better than having a picture up, especially with a picture that can be 700x300. Seriously, what does it hurt to have a link to someone else's mod? I mean honestly, that's how I find out about 9/10ths of them. If someone could explain why having links is a problem, please do.

• I will decide what the rule will be and thats it, 700 x300 is not going to happen, I have a sig banner and its starting to annoy me, I dont have a problem with links to mods and sites , what bugs me are those ppl who name every site their admin on, we all have a primary site we belong to, or a project or mod we are working on, as well I could understand a link for the clan or site you belong to as well as a project you are working on other then that, I dont need and ego list of where you been or who you belong to.
    I dont think you need more then 2 lines maybe 3 and if I decide to keep banners they are going to be reduced 500x150 or smaller.

MC

• First off, you don't need an attitude like that. We know you'll make the decision.

Also, I agree with you about the long lists, and would just like to suggest making the URL limit to three. This includes picture URLS too. As for pictures, what about 450 x 150. A simple 3:1 ration in size, and doesn't get much bigger than a normal banner.

Remember, these are just my IDEAS to what I think should be done. I personally would like to hear other's opinions too.

• I work on 10 lancer related projects (as i lead them) + 1 community site
    Do i now need to decide which is more important?

• For what it's worth, I can't see the point of the banners, they just take up space.

The avatars allow you to spot posters and they seem to be a generous size.

• Banners aren't like the avatars. They're more like a way of saying where you're from. Advertisement if you will.

• Alfa, that was not meant to have an attitude, sry you took it that way.
    It was more of a emotionless statement.

MC

Banners aren't like the avatars. They're more like a way of saying where you're from. Advertisement if you will.

You mean like spam?? :P

Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

• no...ok, take what Mental has, but change that to something like for your site. I can see what you mean that it could end up like spam, but if we kept them small and limited them down to one with a few links under it like how my signature is, we shouldn't have a problem.

• Quote from "Alfa Astrix"

Banners aren't like the avatars. They're more like a way of saying where you're from. Advertisement if you will.

A two line sig would do that, as would avatars if you so choose. Or maybe something the size of the Dark Cosmos ones.

Open a page in TLR and open one in the TLR archive which has no banners and visually compare.

Personally I think the archive with 2 lines of signature at most is cleaner and easier to navigate to find what you are after.

• Quote from "Alfa Astrix"

What do you mean by that

it means that i run BIG 9 FL modding projects (most with own site), 1 new Starlancer game, the SWAT-Portal community and the Starlancer Online community
    and i dont really like to limit anything

• very true OP, but yes, you would need to choose which site your advertising. Preferably the one that is bigger, and has links to the other site. Personally, I think the current limits are all right. I hope OP and anyone else doesn't mind (seriously, no offense intended), but the sigs on SWAT are like what we wouldn't want. They are good for what their community is like, but it can get excessively big, like taking up half my screen.

• For those with lots of site, could you not simply use a one line text sig, with key words set as links to the various sites?

Sig example Home of Starparts and Mac info for everyone.

Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5