We've just seen a UFO! No bull!

• at half ten just (3/4hr ago) I realised I was out of fags so told the wife I was just nipping out to the late shop. After nearly breaking my neck on the sodding cat who was hiding behind the kitchen door, I looked up and noticed this big orange ball moving silently across the sky over the marsh. What the fook is that? methinks. After all, we have a fairly uninterrupted view over the marsh to the south, no street lights or any of that malarkey.

It looked like a halloween lantern moving horizontally. No sound at all. Glowing orange. I shouted the mrs to come outside and have alook and as we watched over the next couple of minutes it began to climb a bit, then a bit more, got brighter, then turned through about 30 degrees to starboard and disappaered very quickly, in about 15 seconds it was just a tiny dot and then went striaght up and vanished. No clouds nearby, fairly clear night sky, Sirius well over the horizon.

It weren't no plane that I've ever seen and I've seen a lot. No running lights, no illuminated tailplane like a lot of airliners have these days, and of course silent. No whine of jet engines, after all you can hear the stuff high up at 30'000 feet from the ground if there's not much other noise around, and it didn't move like a plane or helicopter.

I've seen some weird stuff before, but always suspected that they were likely as not just military stuff being sneaky, like those black triangles I saw over the Atlantic in the early 80s which years later turned out to be Stealth bombers. this wasn't anything like that. But as this thing whatever it was disappeared off to the south-east, from the west where it had come from we did hear some jet engines and two small fast moving sets of navigation lights came steaming after it. Presumably the RAF chasing it, they disappeared pronto too but they behaved like planes should.

Mrs Taw is totally convinced it was aliens and was waving at them to come back and be friendly, for which I chided her as if it was aliens they might be fookin hostile! We aint having those women-stealing larva-laying alien horrors in Tawakalnistan, no way.

no idea what it was, but it was bl**dy bizarre. never thought I'd see the day!

• My guess of a weather ballon? Either that or you have that towel rapped a little too tight. :mrgreen:

Or it could be the vulcans of first contact. What ever you do, don't scare them away. ;)

Proud owner of a MacBook: 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120 GB hard drive
    Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

The time has come, Join The Resistance!

• yeah FD it was a 300mph horizontally flying weather balloon that could accelerate to about 700mph. yep exactly what it was. I imagine the RAF always despatch fighters to chase down rogue weather balloons, it's not like they have anything better to do.

pah, next time I won't say anything. everybody round our way is talking about it though. I thought it was just about the most entertaining thing that happened to me all weekend.

• Don't feel bad man. I'm only 18 (since april) and I've seen things like that twice. 5 years ago I was jumping on my trampoline at 2 in the morning. I fell on my back to just look at the stars and I saw a grey dot streak off real quick. I can't say what it was, but at the time I was at my great grandmother's farm, in the middle of her backyard, and she owns 72 acres in the middle of nowhere.

My second incident was three years ago when I went to the Kennedy Space Center on a field trip for school. Well I got sick out of my mind, and had to keep sitting down a lot. In the middle of the day (like 1 p.m.) I was sitting on a bench outside of a museum and saw a bright blue light form in mid air, get really bright, then disapear. I asked the astronaut that we got to "interview" that day what it could be, and it was a weather balloon from a field test they were doing that day. Your choice whether to believe him or not.

• My personal beliefs are that they're either looking for their past ships that have crashed on Earth, or they're studying us.

• Ok Taw, you caught me. It was one of my bird men sent on recon. He was punished of course for being seen. That was against his orders.

Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

• His stealth feathers were in need of repair.

Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

• Its all that Hi-Tech stuff you are making Taw, they are after it for themselves, you would think that Alien's would have enough Hi-Tech gear but like Oil Companies, they want it all for their own use.

This one was most likely Recon, the next time they will come in mass, better get the camera's out, they don't like their photo's being taken.

But seriously, keep your eye's sharp as there is normally more sightings after the first one, any real idea as to why it was in your area?.

-=- The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -=-

• You can find most tech stuff thats better than Taw's in a box of Cracker Jack :mrgreen:

Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

• Makes you wonder what Taw is doing to get their attention, hope he is not performing more genetic experiments. UFO's love that stuff. Taw have you been spraying your people with chemicals again. :D .

-=- The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -=-

• Either that or he took up drinking Ginger beer. :o

Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

• Let them come, they can't do any worse then the politicians have done for the past 2000 year's. No offense intended Taw, I'm sure you rule your people well.

• Depends on how they come. If they truly are "observing" us to learn more about us, it seems that they'd be neutral at most when first contact was made, but even so, I can't say that the Grey's are going to be walking around Earth with us anytime soon, if at all.

• And if they decide to take over Taw's little sand box? hmmm, maybe we could post signs pointing in that direction. They may have a dress code and force Taw to have to wear one of those head to toe outfits with 2 eye holes. :lol:

Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

• akshuly I look rather svelte in ninja suit, being of a lithe and lissome frame thanks to a frugal desert existence. However I shall be greeting said aliens in full ceremonial Tawakalni national dress of course, until such time as they make me Supreme Flunky for Grovelling to Alien Overlords, and then we'll see about FD's cheeky lip, oh yes we will.