Lights actually doing their job (header by Alfa Astrix)

• I know that it is possible to make weapon projectile cast light.
    But how about
    1)headlights(those on ships and stations)?
    2.)And system lights? They've got now shadows(looks strange when you are behind an asteroid and there's no shadow)
    3.)Other effects(explosions, hull hits, projectile object hits flashes etc.)?

That's what I've found:

Posted by Devast8or:

So is this the way? I can't look through the files and play around with it all 'cos really short of time.
    If this is the way to do it, could someone give some example(tutorial?)?

• I remember posting a question like this with the exact header...

Anyways, what was the name of that one program that helped with the bloom effect? I remember that someone told me about that too. It was for GTA or something.

I remember posting a question like this with the exact header...

Yes, that's where I took the header from. I will give you credits if you want.

I wanted to post it in that thread, but...
    Those programs..., I have them, but don't remember their names, so can't find them(will find if you can tell me)...they were from russian site <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.narod.ru">http://www.narod.ru</a><!-- w -->, but it's hard to find something there, it's kinda russian(CIS) freewebs.

Any answers to my post?

• It's possible, however it's not that easy. I will make a complete tutorial on how to do it soon. It's not related to ALE, but only to simple INI files anyway.

• Quote from "Vital"

Yes, that's where I took the header from. I will give you credits if you want.

You didn't have to, I was just saying.
    Please don't take me as the kind of person that has to have everything by him credited to him.

• Come on, stop arguing, it's not the right place, lol!

If you want to create those lighting effects, you will need 2 files. effects.ini and lightanim.ini.
    First of all, you need to create the light-effect script itself, the frames one by one.

Add a new [LightAnim] entry with nickname of blue_proj_flash
    Before you start adding the frames, you should understand them:
    frame = 0.200000, 255, 55, 55, 1.900000
    frame = start time (seconds), red, green, blue, range multiplier

Basically, a lightscript must be made of at least 2 frame sub-entries. The first must start at 0.000000, and the last one must start at when you wish the light-effect end. So, a lightscript for a projectile should be made of 2 frames.
    frame = 0.000000, 55, 55, 255, 1.000000
    frame = 9999.000000, 55, 55, 255, 1.000000

Anyway, if the frames are different, the color/range multiplier will FADE instead of just switching.
    Now you can add it to your effect:
    lgt_effect = blue_proj_flash ; this is the name of the lightscript
    lgt_range_scale = 10 ; multiplier of overall radius
    lgt_radius = 20 ; radius

AND SOMETHING IMPORTANT! IF THE EFFECT ENTRY DOESN'T HAVE VIS_EFFECT ENTRY, YOU MUST ADD ONE, OTHERWISE FL WILL CTD WHEN PROJECTILE DISAPPEARS. ADD SOME KIND OF GROUND CUTSCENE EFFECT, SO THAT IT WON'T BE REALLY VISIBLE, BECAUSE IT'S TOO SMALL.

You didn't have to, I was just saying.
    Please don't take me as the kind of person that has to have everything by him credited to him.

Actually I was just joking. :D I didn't even think of taking you as the kind of person that has to have everything by him credited to him.
    :mrgreen: :D ;)

Looking forward for tutorial.

• I completely forgot that you had this tutorial Firekiss. Why not post your other one's you had too.