Complete ini files for one ship?

• Good morning.
    I'm french, but I speak a little english and I'm a great fan of Freelancer.
    Since seven months, I try to create a ship (but a ship which exist yet in Freelancer, like the Bretonia Gunship).
    I need some help. I try to create the Bretonia Gunship, but I've always a problem. Furthur more, if someone could give me all the ini files that are necessary for this ship, and where I've to put them in my mod's folder, it would be very, very, very nice. :| :oops:

• Si vous arrivez avoir le FLMM, il la plupart des probable a aussi la Cannonière de Rheinland, nomade le Cuirassé de Combattant et nomade mods de. Au lieu de mener vous par un procédé point par point, jetez un coup d'oeil sur ces mods particulier. Alors, les comparer avec les fichiers de bateaux de non-modded de bateau pareil. Vous trouverez des différences. Utiliser ces différences pour aider vous apprend à ajouter votre Britonia Gunship dans le jeu.
    -----translation--------
    If you happen to have the FLMM, it most likely also has Rheinland Gunboat, Nomad Fighter and Nomad Battleship mods. Instead of leading you through a step by step process, take a look at those particular mods. Then, compare them with the non-modded ships files of the same ship. You will find differences. Use those differences to help you learn how to add your Britonia Gunship into the game.

• Oh, I've already tried. But the Rheinland Gunship's mod is a XML script. I've tried to create a XML script on the same schedule, but it didn't work. Furthur more, I try with ini files (it's the simplest). Could someone help me? :oops:

• Don't misunderstand me. I'm not advocating the use of scripting since imho
    they're a pain in the keester and cause problems. But what I want you to look at is the information it's showing that relates specifically with .ini files.
    Once you understand that aspect, you can hand edit ini files to get your ship
    into the game.

You'll probably notice your desired ship is missing a "cockpit" entry AND
    also missing a cockpit in the cockpit folder.
    You'll notice it's not listed in goods.ini, or marketships.ini.

I know it's in xml script. But! Look at the other information besides that.
    You can open the xml script with "Word Pad".

What you will see are entries similar to what you will find in the related
    ini files.

1. you'll see an entry labled:
    -Ship-
    ids_name
    ids_info
    (this is the shiparch.ini entry)

2. then you'll see under that:
    -Good-
    nickname =
    category = Shiphull
    ship =
    price =
    ids_name =
    item_icon =

-Good-
    nickname =
    category = ship
    hull =
    (these are the equipment folder/good.ini entries)

These are essential items that must be entered into the ini's that will
    enable your Britonia gunship.
    Pay particular attention under the Ship entry that says "cockpit = "
    This is the entry that you normally don't find in npc ships that you
    need to make it player flyable.
    Next:
    look down near the end for the entries that state:
    -BaseGood-

This relates to the base selling the ship. (this is found in the marketships.ini)
    pay close attention to the coding:
    (a number 0-30), -1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1
    or (note the sequence)
    (a number 0-30), -1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1

the number 0-30 denotes what level you must be to purchase the item.
    the -1 means you can be their sworn blood enemy and still by the item.
    -1 means totally hostile. where 1 means total friendly.
    Look at the marketequip.ini for this coding and you will find numbers
    above -1, but below 1. They indicate the degree of friendliness you must be
    to purchase an item from that faction.

• Rankor : Eeek at the translation :lol:

Maverick : Qu'essayez-vous de faire exactement? Où rencontrez-vous un problème? Rankor a déjà assez bien expliqué le processus, mais n'hésitez pas à demander de plus amples informations si nécessaire, ce sera un plaisir de répondre. ;)

• To Rankor: thank you for your help, I will try with that you given me. But if I show you ini files that I've edited, could you say me what'is wrong?

A FriendlyFire: j'essaie de piloter la canonnière de Bretonia, mais comme jusqu'ici tout ce que j'ai essayé n'a pas réussi, j'ai recours à la solution extrême et je demande ce qu'il faut exactement comme textes ini, et où je dois les placer dans mon dossier. Si je parviens à avoir tout ça, je ne devrais plus avoir de problème pour les autres vaisseaux. Aussi j'essaie la canonnière, à titre d'essai.
    Mais mon problème, c'est que chaque fois que je lance le jeu après avoir activé le mod, après les publicités, le jeu quitte et retourne sur Windows.
    Pensez-vous pouvoir m'aider là-dessus? Si je vous montre les textes que j'ai déjà faits, pourriez-vous me dire ce qui ne va pas? :oops:

• Je serais content pour les jeter un coup d'oeil sur pour vous. Il toujours aide à avoir quelques-uns définissent de yeux examinant choses. Je comprends la tâche ennuyeuse que vous avez entreprise. Au moins si non moi, quelqu'un pourrait pouvoir à l'endroit ce que vous avez besoin de.

I would be glad to take a look at them for you. It always helps to have a few sets of eyes looking things over. I understand the tedious task you have undertaken. At least if not me, someone might be able to spot what you need.

• I'm happy to see that some people can help me. Unfortunately, at that moment , I can't access to my folders, but in a week I'll show you my first try. But , overwise, I've another question. When I create a mod, should I modify several folders in the Freelancer's directory, or only in my mod's folder? :|

Je suis heureux de voir que certaines personnes sont prêtes à m'aider. Malheureusement, je ne peux pour le moment pas accéder au dossier de mon mod, mais dans une semaine, je vous présenterai mon premier essai. Mais sinon, j'ai une autre question. Quand je crée un mod, dois-je modifier certains fichiers du dossier principal de Freelancer, ou seulement dans le dossier de mon mod?

• Bien, je crois que le mieux serait en effet de tout poster ce que vous avez déjà commencé, question de ne pas se répéter pour rien. Quant à votre seconde question, si vous utiliser Freelancer Mod Manager (FLMM pour les intimes :P ), vous ne devriez pas avoir à changer quoi que ce soit dans votre dossier de jeu principal. Il vous suffira de copier les bons fichiers (avec leur arborescence appropriée) dans votre dossier de mod (que vous aurez préalablement créé dans le dossier MODS de FLMM) et d'activer ce dernier avant de lancer le jeu.

Il est clair que votre retour au bureau est un problème lié à votre cannonière. Freelancer n'a jamais été réputé pour son excellente gestion des bogues :D

Dès que possible, postez tout ce que vous avez modifié dans vos dossiers de jeu et nous essaierons de vous aider autant que possible.

• Good morning. I'm back home, then I will show you one of my try for my mod.
    This is one the shiparch.ini that I've tried for the bretonian gunship:
    [Ship]
    ids_name = 237010
    ids_info = 66616
    ids_info1 = 66514
    ids_info2 = 66617
    ids_info3 = 66618
    nickname = br_gunship
    ship_class = 10
    type = FREIGHTER
    mission_property = can_use_med_moors
    LODranges = 0, 999999, 999999, 999999, 999999
    msg_id_prefix = gcs_refer_shiparch_Breg
    DA_archetype = SHIPS\BRETONIA\BR_GUNSHIP\br_gunship.cmp
    material_library = SHIPS\BRETONIA\BR_GUNSHIP\br_capships.mat
    material_library = fx\envmapbasic.mat
    envmap_material = envmapbasic
    cockpit = COCKPITS\BRETONIA\b_freighter.ini
    max_bank_angle = 15
    camera_offset = 13.913400, 49, 1701
    camera_angular_acceleration = 0.050000
    camera_horizontal_turn_angle = 23
    camera_vertical_turn_up_angle = 5
    camera_vertical_turn_down_angle = 30
    camera_turn_look_ahead_slerp_amount = 1.000000
    pilot_mesh = generic_pilot
    nanobot_limit = 100
    shield_battery_limit = 100
    hit_pts = 10800
    hold_size = 100
    explosion_arch = explosion_br_elite
    surface_hit_effects = 0, small_hull_hit_light01, small_hull_hit_light02, small_hull_hit_light03
    surface_hit_effects = 150, small_hull_hit_medium01, small_hull_hit_medium02, small_hull_hit_medium03
    surface_hit_effects = 300, small_hull_hit_heavy01, small_hull_hit_heavy02, small_hull_hit_heavy03
    bay_door_anim = Sc_open baydoor
    bay_doors_open_snd = cargo_doors_open
    bay_doors_close_snd = cargo_doors_close
    HP_bay_surface = HpBayDoor01
    HP_bay_external = HpBayDoor02
    num_exhaust_nozzles = 2
    shield_link = l_freighter_shield01, HpMount, HpEngine01, HpShield01
    ;-- hp_type = hp_thruster, HpThruster01
    ;-- hp_type = hp_mine_dropper, HpMine01
    ;-- hp_type = hp_countermeasure_dropper, HpCM01
    ;-- hp_type = hp_torpedo_special_2, HpTorpedo01 ; Cruise Disruptor Hardpoint
    ;-- hp_type = hp_torpedo_special_1, HpTorpedo01 ; Torpedo Hardpoint
    HP_tractor_source = HpTractor_Source
    fuse = intermed_damage_smallship01, 0.000000, 650
    fuse = intermed_damage_smallship02, 0.000000, 325
    fuse = intermed_damage_smallship03, 0.000000, 217
    hp_type = hp_gun_special_10, HpWeapon01, HpWeapon02
    hp_type = hp_gun_special_9, HpWeapon01, HpWeapon02
    hp_type = hp_gun_special_8, HpWeapon01, HpWeapon02
    hp_type = hp_gun_special_7, HpWeapon01, HpWeapon02
    hp_type = hp_gun_special_6, HpWeapon01, HpWeapon02
    hp_type = hp_gun_special_5, HpWeapon01, HpWeapon02
    hp_type = hp_gun_special_4, HpWeapon01, HpWeapon02
    hp_type = hp_gun_special_3, HpWeapon01, HpWeapon02
    hp_type = hp_gun_special_2, HpWeapon01, HpWeapon02
    hp_type = hp_gun_special_1, HpWeapon01, HpWeapon02
    hp_type = hp_turret_special_10, HpTurret01, HpTurret02, HpTurret03, HpTurret04
    hp_type = hp_turret_special_9, HpTurret01, HpTurret02, HpTurret03, HpTurret04
    hp_type = hp_turret_special_8, HpTurret01, HpTurret02, HpTurret03, HpTurret04
    hp_type = hp_turret_special_7, HpTurret01, HpTurret02, HpTurret03, HpTurret04
    hp_type = hp_turret_special_6, HpTurret01, HpTurret02, HpTurret03, HpTurret04
    hp_type = hp_turret_special_5, HpTurret01, HpTurret02, HpTurret03, HpTurret04
    hp_type = hp_turret_special_4, HpTurret01, HpTurret02, HpTurret03, HpTurret04
    hp_type = hp_turret_special_3, HpTurret01, HpTurret02, HpTurret03, HpTurret04
    hp_type = hp_turret_special_2, HpTurret01, HpTurret02, HpTurret03, HpTurret04
    hp_type = hp_turret_special_1, HpTurret01, HpTurret02, HpTurret03, HpTurret04
    hp_type = hp_freighter_shield_special_10, HpShield01
    hp_type = hp_freighter_shield_special_9, HpShield01
    hp_type = hp_freighter_shield_special_8, HpShield01
    hp_type = hp_freighter_shield_special_7, HpShield01
    hp_type = hp_freighter_shield_special_6, HpShield01
    hp_type = hp_freighter_shield_special_5, HpShield01
    hp_type = hp_freighter_shield_special_4, HpShield01
    hp_type = hp_freighter_shield_special_3, HpShield01
    hp_type = hp_freighter_shield_special_2, HpShield01
    hp_type = hp_freighter_shield_special_1, HpShield01

If you could help me, it would be very nice. :P

Bonjour. Je suis revenu chez moi, donc je vais vous montrer un de mes essais pour mon mod. C'est un des shiparch.ini que j'ai essayé pour la canonnière bretonienne: *voir ci-dessus*
    Si vous pouviez m'aider, ce serait vraiment agréable. :P

• mission_property = can_use_med_moors

>>>
    mission_property = can_use_berths

Make sure your ship is listed in
    goods.ini with two specific entries:
    1)the ship hull (base price of the ship)
    2)the ship package (the ship equipped with necessary items such as engine, tractor_source, scanner and optional items such as shield and weapons)

and
    marketships.ini (base where sold)

• Thank you for mission_property. I will try. But in which folder have I to modify goods.ini and marketships.ini please? :mrgreen:

Merci pour mission_property. Je vais essayer. Mais dans quel dossier dois-je changer le goods.ini et le marketships.ini s'il vous plaît? :mrgreen:

• Al right :) goods.ini and market_ships.ini can be found in the data/equipment folder. And I saw you added the hardpoints. Well, they won't work unless you add those hardpoints physically to the ship model. Find HardCMP, it's easy to use... Add some HpWeaponxx hardpoints, a HpThruster, HpMine and HpCM
    Also if you want shields, you must use shield_link and HpShield hardpoint... tell me if you are interested I'll help ;)

• If I don't want a shield, a CM, a thruster or a mine, can I put nothing? If I want that the harpoint that I have put on my ini files are like the hardpoint of the gunship, what have I to do? Could you show me?

Si je ne veux pas de bouclier, de CM, de propulseur ou de mine, je peux ne rien mettre? Si je veux que les hardpoints que j'ai mis dans mon fichier.ini soient comme les hardpoints d'origine de la canonnière, que dois-je faire? Pouvez-vous me montrer?

• I forgot to mention: That since your selected ship is a brintonian gunboat,
    using "berths" could present problems if you try to dock with stations and battleships. (The ship would probably be too large to fit). So, to make it simple, restrict docking the gunboat to just planets.

• My market-ships.ini: (all bases have the same text)

[BaseGood]
    base = Br01_01_base
    marketgood = gf1_package, 0, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = gf2_package, 4, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = gf4_package, 13, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = gf5_package, 24, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = gf6_package, 30, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = bwf_package, 4, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = bwe_package, 20, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = bwe2_package, 30, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = bwfr_package, 10, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = cof_package, 8, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = coe_package, 28, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = coe2_package, 32, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = lf_package, 1, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = le_package, 2, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = lfr_package, 1, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = bf_package, 6, -1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1
    marketgood = be_package, 8, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = bfr_package, 4, -1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1
    marketgood = kf_package, 10, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = ke_package, 13, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = kfr_package, 10, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = rf_package, 20, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = re_package, 22, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = rfr_package, 20, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = pf_package, 2, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = pe_package, 13, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = pfr_package, 4, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = bhf_package, 4, -1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1
    marketgood = bhe_package, 13, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = bhe2_package, 26, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = oe_package, 16, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
    marketgood = bg_package, 4, -1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1

At the moment, I think it's my main problem. Could you help me? :|

Voici mon market_ships.ini: (toutes les bases ont le même texte):

Pour le moment, je pense que c'est mon problème principal.