The Science of Sirius:

• Yes the young ones work at it,but wisdom will prevalle,the mind is as much a part of the spirit,and the soul as also a part of the brain,and many parts of the brain were once used in eons past but have become dormat,for lack of need :mrgreen:

oh darn did i say that(darn my mind fell out gear again)must be all of Taws sand blowing about :mrgreen:

• Very Nice links -- I have to explore them in detail -- Im a big science guy ( I posted the LHC Rap ) I've read a couple of hawkings books non math that is -- The whole jump / wormhole thing has been used and fleshed out in sci fi for years -- they just ignore the actual power requirements and poof it works
    -- the actual power nessecary to open a worm hole is somewhere towards outstanding to ridiculous -- Niven and pournelle fleshed this out in their empire of man series -- basically you would go out to where the gravity fields of diff star sytems over lap and then jump to that next system -- thier anderson point so to speak
    -- tranlating through a gravitional wormhole where the fields are their weakest and to go longer distances you would go to the next level of gravity ( you would not be able to open said field deep inside a gravity well planet or star sytem as you could never generate enough power -- we exist in a sea of gravity wells our sun -- our local cluster -- our local group -- our arm of the galaxay -- the galaxay itself ( generated by the black hole at the center of every galaxay ) -- the universe itself Yada yada yada Ergo The Statement Islands in the Sea of Space

-- the same thing goes for the whole mental aspect -- The actual statemant is we use a small portion of our brain Consciencely and mostly we use it Sub Concseincely ( pardon my spelling its terrible ) That whole we dont use most of our brain is an Urban Myth just go ask anybody who has suffered any type of minor brain damage or trama -- they are never the same again -- as for the whole mental power thing Again they ignore the whole power Argument -- i wish to move matter from one place to another and ignore the whole conservation of energy arguement Sounds really neat in a comic book -- but even uri geller admits its a trick -- their are whole stargate and star trek web sites and even books that have hashed all this out and Nasa has a web site about Warp Drive

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_physics_of_star_trek">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_physics_of_star_trek</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/PAO/warp.htm">http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/PAO/warp.htm</a><!-- m -->

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet - The man who is constantly in fear is every day condemned. (Syrus)

• Years ago when i was into these things on the mind,i remmeber reading so things about bio enery and mind energy and they still have'nt figured out but just an inkling of how the mind works (taws a good example being bretonian cajun an all)i to was deep into science majored in biology and hard sciences in school just didn't have the math for it.in six grade my teacher in our little backwoods school was a astronomy scientist but didn't like all the dry cut stuff so went into teaching he set me up with and hour of astronomy lessons if i would finnish my math in the frist hour.that year passed with flying colors,now can bearly remmeber where the big dipper is. :)

• It's not dead just on pause :mrgreen:
    There are no dead threads...there are no dead threads....there are no dead threads..now click your heals together three times and repeat there are no dead threads ;)

And the sand fleas got Taw

• Um, you lost me after the first letter, i am so lost but it was fun watching my friends ponder and get headaches about it :mrgreen:
    and only 14%? I would have thought at least 30%!
    Six terabytes is still a lot, and you can get two terabytes now, not only one!
    and wouldn't it be only around 1 terabyte, as you only use 14%?
    there are many things about this universe (and mabye others) we don"t know about, and some concepts are very hard to grasp, and as one final comment,
    CHOPSTICKS!!

• well speed of thought can be slowed down...I'm proof of that...just have a few more jack and cokes(Black Jacks) :mrgreen:

Side winder fangs are good for teleporting from one spot to another....i drink a few wake up someplace else :o
    Note ; to self...(will have to try that experament again)Now were's that recipe?? :?
    I seem to remmeber a thread that had that recipe somewhere Hmmmm....

• mmmmm Sidewinder Fang

Anyway I think that a bit of universal Irony is about to unfold -- it seems that the US Navy has proved the Cold Fusion Experiment -- and that would be our ticket to cheap energy and the stars -- and important to FL is that a small Cold Fusion engine could power a small ship

I believe in cold fusion for ironic reasons --we spend physco amounts of time energy and money building huge lasers and containment fields and then we find nature does it dirt cheap and easily usable electro-magnetically-chemical

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sciam.com/blog/60-second-science/post.cfm?id=after-20-years-new-life-for-cold-fu-2009-03-23">http://www.sciam.com/blog/60-second-sci ... 2009-03-23</a><!-- m -->

" One team, led by Pamela Mosier-Boss, an analytical chemist at the U.S. Navy's Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, has announced visual evidence of a fusion-like reaction. "If you have fusion going on, then you have to have neutrons," Mosier-Boss said in a statement. “People have always asked 'Where's the neutrons,'" she said, and in their presentation, they reported finding evidence of these neurons. By exposing a special kind of plastic to the reaction, patterns of minute dents (or "triple tracks" that show three close nearby forms) were made by excited neutrons created from a nuclear reaction, they report. "

Now we just have to find natural occuring jump ( worm ) holes and well a few other things

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet - The man who is constantly in fear is every day condemned. (Syrus)

• Basicly, someday, maybe millions of years into the future, maybe more, we will be able to use 100% of our brains, we'd be even more powerful than the Furons off of Destroy All Humans 1 and 2. We'd be a super-race, maybe finally figure out how to send ourselves to other galaxies inspontaniously, further expanding the human race farther out, someday. But we won't know, we'd be dead great (times 1 billion) grandchildren would be the ones to know, I don't think even our corpses in our coffins would still be there, we would be dust. But someday, if mankind and Earth survives this pollution problem, we could get this. And Whisper, nice explanations on the science of Sirius, it was interesting.

• Yes, very interesting science enjoyed the read finally some true off the wall out of mind theoretical, space time continuum. :D

MC

• Nice mask MentalChaos, and i think most things in FL can't be replicated, at least not fully.
    and I thought our brains had 6 TB of storage, so i think you can fit LOTS of text files in it, imagine how many would fill up a 6 TB hard drive...