Cargo Pod Additions Request

• I quoted this from Firekiss on another post, and I was wondering a few things about it.

First I wanted to know if a more detailed Tutorial could be written on this, as well as if there's a way to make it so that these "Cargo Pods" do anything such as like armor advances, addition power supplies, ect.

• To begin with, yes, I did see the OP date.
    This is an interesting thought, and definitely something I'd like to see more of.

As for your last part, I haven't experimented at all with it, but as you may know, Discovery allows the sale of cargopods via using shield slots.

"[ShieldGenerator]
    nickname = dsy_cargopod_yellow
    ids_name = 500484
    ids_info = 500488
    DA_archetype = Equipment\models\commodities\crates\pod_yellow.3db
    material_library = Equipment\models\cargo_pods.mat
    HP_child = HpConnect
    hit_pts = 4000
    mass = 2000
    explosion_resistance = 0.300000
    debris_type = debris_normal
    parent_impulse = 20
    child_impulse = 80
    volume = 0.000000
    regeneration_rate = 0
    max_capacity = 0
    toughness = 0
    hp_type = hp_freighter_shield_special_1
    offline_rebuild_time = 0
    offline_threshold = 0.000000
    constant_power_draw = 0
    rebuild_power_draw = 0
    shield_type = S_Graviton01
    shield_collapse_sound = shield_offline
    shield_rebuilt_sound = shield_rebuilt
    shield_hit_effects = 0, gf_li_shield01
    shield_hit_effects = 100, gf_li_shield02
    shield_hit_effects = 500, gf_li_shield03
    separation_explosion = sever_debris
    LODranges = 0, 1500lootable = true"

Obviously, these 'shields' don't do a lot in the way of actually being useful as their name intens, butI do believe it would be possible to do similar things with scanners, armour ugrades, tractor beams.... You name it.

Certainly a very interesting idea, especially (in my opinion) for capitals.

• Obviously, these 'shields' don't do a lot in the way of actually being useful as their name intens, butI do believe it would be possible to do similar things with scanners, armour ugrades, tractor beams.... You name it.

Certainly a very interesting idea, especially (in my opinion) for capitals.

I asked a similar question earlier about displaying internal equipment externally.

Actually, you can make [CargoPod] sellable by adding it a [Good] entry. The problem is that it will display in the Commodity Trader's table, not in the Equipment Dealer as expected. Ask adoxa for the offset that switches the places. I can't quote it right now.

If you want to load cargo on it, theres a hookable solution (FLHook) for this - mounting the cargo on the cargo pod.
    No solution for SP yet. If you can't edit FLHook, you'll have to wait until next year for help from me (sorry for that), or ask the nice people in here!

Good luck!