MS3d CMP Importer / Exporter

• I recently found out that the importer and exporter don't work with the latest version of MS3d...so I was wondering what version they were made for?

• I've just finished working on a cmp importer and was wondering if anyone here would be interested in it.

It should import most if not all freelancer models. Didn't seem to have any problems with the models I've tried.

Will also import Hardpoints as well as extract textures. I didn't like having to open the ini files to figure out which textures went with each model, so I simply had the plugin do a search for them.

If anyone's interested, let me know.

• Oho? Does it support other vms formats than 112 and 212? I know the community has been needing an importer that can manage the other formats for quite some time. The other types are scattered about throughout FL; starspheres, bar / bases I believe, and a few other solar type models.
    Either way, importing the HP's and all is a definite time saver =)

• I guess I wasn't clear.
    It will import IMHO, all the models in Freelancer.
    Ships, bases, starspheres, weapons, turrets, equipment, cockpits, rooms. All of it as long as it's a valid CMP or 3DB file.

• @ Alpha : If you've got a few extra GB of hard drive space to spare.. MS has a VirtualPC site with a free download. If you've still got your XP cd/dvd laying around that should let you run many programs that are biffed in Vista. Best if you've got two monitors, but doable with 1. Oh and some problems are related to if you're running a 64 bit processor :/

@ P1p3r : What "most" people open are all 112 and 212 format, the others are a bit more obscure and less frequently generate interest, so that's why I asked. I'm sure all the modelers would be happy if you provided an attachment here.

• Just finished working on a ms3d importer and thought I'd share it.

I've added features I thought were useful such as texture searching and Hardpoint filtering. Also, It was brought to my attention that the current exporter expects Hardpoints at the end of the model, so I added went ahead and added that option.

In my testing, I haven't yet ran into a mesh format it would not import. So, I would really appreciate a shout if anything crops up.

Hope someone likes it. And if you do, feedback would be nice.

• I am running Milkshape 1.8.4 on Windows 7 (64bit) and am also looking forward for an updated .cmp importer and exporter.

Importer v2.7 loses hardpoints and thinks the .cmp file is a .3db.

Exporter 3.0 loses textures I think. My Hard CMP model viewer see the newly exported models as white ships.

I am troubleshooting my UTF editing skills to see if it can be fixed via the .mat file.