Changing the Navmap Background

• Original Poster: Unknown

To change the background image on your navmap you will need two things,

UTF editor
    Custom 256x256 TGA image

The file you need to locate sits here, DATA\INTERFACE\NEURONET\NAVMAP\NEWNAVMAP\nav_prettymap.3db

Open this up with the UTF editor, expand the tree and go down to the texture library section. There you will see the fancymap.tga texture and if you expand this, you will see the MIP0 section. This is where your new texture will go.

Create your new 256x256 image and save it as fancymap.tga. Then back to the UTF editor, IMPORT your new texture into the MIP0 section and save the file.

You should now have a new Navmap background

• Can someone provide a link to the UTF editor?

New mod under devolpment -
    Systems - 11/100
    Items - 0/?
    Ships - 0/?
    Back Story- Almost done.

Any help would be appericated.

• ADDITION:

-make sure u have only R G B paths in your .tga
    -remember that FL turnes textures upside down so u should verticaly mirror your texture
    -your texture can be larger than 256x256 FL will scale them down
    -do not rename the texture node from MIP0 to MIPS and import a .dds for some reasons they will not work!!!

BEST IS: u export the vanilla texture open it up with Photoshop, Gimp or whatever and overwrite the vanilla image with your image, this should take only 1-2 minutes with UTF editor and GIMP/PS.

• Im suspecting it has to do with the fact that I cant export TGAs without the alpha channel.
    Which is all well and good for the TGAs and DDSs used in the solar and ship etc textures, but its bad for stuff in the UI.

• I don't know if the utf editor is in the downloads but I do have a copy...
    [attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->utf_edit.zip<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

I found it included in the Utilitiesandothergoodies7 6 2006 file in the tools section of the downloads.
    file name: Utilitiesandothergoodies7_6_2006.zip
    file size: 112.58 MB
    page: http://lancersreactor.org/down…/index.php?page=13&sort=1
    direct download link: http://lancersreactor.org/down…index.php?file=245&sort=1

This zip file includes lots of tools, tutorials, and other goodies such as the IONCROSS Server Operator, QuickFix, Freelancer SDK version 1.3, textures in dds and tga format, pictures, base codes, base lists, fled-ids, fled-thorn, and a lot more that you might find handy to have.

It was put together for the convenience of not having to go search for most of the goodies that you want.

• This is a reminder for those who are editing the Nav Map with GIMP. When you are done with the ,tga file remember that you need to save it as a SIMPLE .tga file. Uncheck RLE compression (GIMP automatically enables it). By having RLE compression on, your game will crash when the relative .tga file will be loaded.