The reamaining Freelancer Communites

• I wonder how many active Freelancer communites (which have a serious amount of players) still exsist? I can count around 10; Void, Discovery, Freeworlds, Monkey Universe, HHC, Freeworlds France, Freelancer Alliance, Deutsche Freelancer Server, Tekagis Treasure...

Can someone count up to 50? :cry: :cry:

• Quote from "CountCornelius"

I wonder how many active Freelancer communites (which have a serious amount of players) still exsist? I can count around 10; Void, Discovery, Freeworlds, Monkey Universe, HHC, Freeworlds France, Freelancer Alliance, Deutsche Freelancer Server, Tekagis Treasure...

Can someone count up to 50? :cry: :cry:

NightStalker, Slammers, Crossfire, etc. ..........

As you well know it would seem that the FreeLancer Communities are wanning. But like a "GOOD" itch (if there is such a thing), it won't go away. Now with that said, and I'm sure beretment from many hard core FL folks (of which I consider myself one) The Lifes Blood of FreeLancer is ebbing away.

I perticipated in a thread on an obsquire forum somewhere about the possibilities of a FreeLancer 2. And I still, 2 years later get comments from that thread. And of course you've either read or expressed simular thoughs yourselves.

FreeLance 2 is already here. It's been here ever since the first modder took up the banner and the tools and created the "MODS". So there is no reason for tears or boo hoos. ALL the major and Minor Mods are scrambling to find and retain members to there MODS.

Why? Some get tired of Spoace Sims (not me) and try other Space Simms, or just other games. Notice I'm not coming up with revolations here. Most all of you already know this. I too play other games. But MY love for FL always brings me back to it.

What some of you Modders, NO You Artist have created is, well almost unbelievable. Truelly, no Bull here, WORKS OF ART. If you watched any Sci Fi show from Buck Rogers through Stargate and in between and just wished YOU could be apart of this, you can and many of us have.

Through the creations of the artist of FL (the modders). Many of us do not relise the pain, the aggrivation, the frustration that THE modders goes through to see their works live and stay alive. Yes it cost to keep a server running and quite often directly out of the creaters own pockets. But it's more than that.

Modders such as OP from CrossFire, Iceman from NQ and Zues and Nightstalker from NightStalker (sorry I never got to know any others) have put years of their REAL lives into their Creations. And often only get grief and garbage back in return. Or worse....NO acknowledgments at all.

Some FL mods don't get off the ground, but those creaters are no less importent. And Forums such as The Reactor (like it or not) provides an invaluable resource for budding and established Modders. So thank our lucky stars that these communities still exist. Because tomorrow they might not.

So, please, let's not cry over HOW many communties we still have in FL but rather get out there and do our best to recruit and support those still here. Let's get NEW blood into this game.

This game sells for about $10.00 on Amazon and does NOT take a super computer to run. I would think that FL would make a great Christmas gift and a cheap one too. And a little CD on the side with some FL Mods wouldn't be bad either. So let's pull up our britches and stop shoveling mannure and get this game back on track.