Adding more guns/hardpoints on stock FL ships

• Hello folks. I have an unusual situation. Tho I am no mod expert, I do have some experience in changing things in FL using the various tools available.

I have modified ships weapons loadouts in a couple of mods quite easily. And recently have choosen to modify a stock FL ships weapon loadout.

The Anubis.

Looking at the stock setup, HardCMP says there is a HpWeapon08 point at the top of the cockpit. Neat, but unfortunately the shiparch.ini file calls for that ship to only have 6 gun hardpoints. Ok, no problem there..easily fixed by simply deleting the hardpoint in HardCMP and reinstalling a new HpWeapon07 hardpoint and adding the line in the shiparch.ini file for HpWeapon07...wala a gun is now mountable on the top of the cockpit, making the Anubis have 7 guns instead of the default 6. All is well with that part of this endeavor.

Here is the problem...

I wanted to add two more gun hardpoints to the Anubis, in which I was able to do that easily with HardCMP, as HpWeapon08 and HpWeapon09. These are mounted at the base of the tailfin where there are two mount like petrusions that would seem to have been meant for mounting of some sort. In HardCMP, the weapon hardpoints are rotated 90 degrees so that the gun would mount sideways...ie: |---tail---| where | is the gun

I have also added the two new gun hardpoints in the shiparch.ini file as follows:

hp_type = hp_gun_special_9, HpWeapon01,.....up to HpWeapon10
    hp_type = hp_gun_special_8, HpWeapon01,.....up to HpWeapon10

When I fixed the hardpoint for gun 7 above the cockpit, it showed up on the gun mount list for my inventory as empty so I could mount a gun there and that worked fine.

However these two new added guns, gun 9 and 8, do not show up on my available gun slots at all, only my 7 gun slots and the 1 turret slot.

Like I mentioned, Im not an expert modder with FL, just dabble with it. Correct me if I am wrong in my troubleshooting, but it seems like there is some sort of default something telling the game that the Anubis only has 7 gun hardpoints even tho I have made the appropriate changes in shiparch.ini and added the two new hardpoints with HardCMP.

Any help would be appriciated.

BTW, my modding is for single play only since I never can get my FL to connect at all to any servers in Vista. And if I could connect, I wouldnt use any modified anything unless the server I connected to allowed it.

Thanks!! :)

• If you're using FLMM, be sure to de-activate your mod, exit / close FLMM entirely, make changes, start FLMM and reactivate the mod. Some times I forget and then when the things I just changed don't show up it drives me nuts figuring out why.

For the original Anubis, did you try just adding entries in the shiparch.ini for the additional HPs that were unused? Think there were two versions of the Anubis in vanilla -one player pilotable, and one meant for NPCs only which was a bit tougher and well armed.

• Quote from "Mini_Me"

If you're using FLMM, be sure to de-activate your mod, exit / close FLMM entirely, make changes, start FLMM and reactivate the mod. Some times I forget and then when the things I just changed don't show up it drives me nuts figuring out why.

For the original Anubis, did you try just adding entries in the shiparch.ini for the additional HPs that were unused? Think there were two versions of the Anubis in vanilla -one player pilotable, and one meant for NPCs only which was a bit tougher and well armed.

Hi Mini-Me!

The Anubis I am using is one that you could buy from the Order off of the battleship Osiris just before the mission to the alien dysons sphere. I completed the storyline and then after a few explorations decided to add two hardpoints. The Anubis originally has 7 gun hardpoints but the 7th hardpoint is named HpWeapon08 when viewing the stock cmp in HardCMP. I suspected that there was a hardpoint above the cockpit because it sure looks like there is one but the info on the Anubis says 6gun/1turret. Thought to myself how odd.

So for fun, I deleted the HpWeapon08 on the stock Anubis, re placed a new hardpoint which came up in HardCMP as "HpWeaopn07" and positioned it on top of the cockpit. Saved the file, and started FL from my latest save game. Wala, I had a new empty gun slot above the cockpit and placed a gun there. Works just fine in the game.

There are two extra hardpoints as well on the stock Anubis. They are for torpedos. The one that shows up in the game is at the front of the cockpit, but the other two that do not show up in the game, probably due to entries in the shiparch.ini file, are located under each wing at mid section. I have not tried to add those yet.

But I think your right about the FLMM being active and is why maybe the guns are not showing up that I added at the base of the tail section. I am going to try your suggestion and see if they do appear after shutting down the mods I have activated.

Will advise. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Cheers!!!

• Update!

Well deactivating mods and shutting down FLMM did not resolve the added gun hardpoints not showing up in the game. This is puzzling to say the least.

The two inert torpedo/disruptor launchers under the wings were no problem at all in activating. Simply adding the lines HpTorpedo02 and HpTorpedo03 to the shiparch.ini file made those appear on the ship in the game.

However my new added gun hardpoints still do not cooperate and do not show up on the ship in the game. I am going to try another odd ball experiment, by adding another hardpont so it will come out as HpWeapon10, delete the HpWeapon08, and locate the number 10 in place where the 08 was, and see what happens. I dont know, but in the original stock Anubis, the 7th gunmount, which is located on top of the cockpit, was originally HpWeapon08, not HpWeapon07. Perhaps something in the games setups or something says 08 is not a good number for that ship. Because when I deleted the 08 the first go around and put in a new hardpoint, it came up as 07 and became active and showed up in the game.

Will adivse.

Cheers!!!

Update! No change when trying to renumber the weapons in HardCMP. This is strange and quite mind melting!! :D

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!!!

• Are you loading a saved game to check the ship out? Or starting a new game, and purchasing the ship newly?

• Quote from "Mini_Me"

Are you loading a saved game to check the ship out? Or starting a new game, and purchasing the ship newly?

Hello Mini-Me!

I am loading a saved game after the first purchase of the Anubis from the Osiris well after the plot story is finished, and also loading a saved game just prior to landing on the Osiris before the mission to the Nomad dyson sphere, so that I can buy the Anubis brand spanking new that should have the modifications.

What is weird, is that the gun I put on top of the cockpit, gun number 7, is showing up just fine.

But the other two new gun points, gun 08 and gun 09, wont show up at all in either case of loaded saved games. Its like the game is refusing to see byond 7 gun hardpoints even tho the shiparch file has 9 gun hardpoints.

I even went as far as editing the infocard with FLEd-ids to increase the number from 6 to 9 guns, but that didnt make any difference, but tried it anyway. It did change the text in the infocard from 6/1 to 9/1 tho. At least that part works! :D

I dont understand it. The only thing I can think of is that there is some other dll or something in the game that is limiting the hardpoints. I could be wrong but it sure seems like thats the case.

I also unloaded the mods I had running and the saved game I am using is just before the dyson sphere mission which is from the stock game play with no mods or anything. The only thing I have different on the game itself is the FL SDK 1.3 so that the ini files are uncompressed. Everything else is regular FL.

I appreciate your suggestions! One thing that seems to work ok also is the two added torpedo launchers under the wings. Now my Anubis has 3 torp launchers, plus the 7th gun on top of the cockpit. If only the other two, gun 8 and gun 9 would show up.

I doubled checked and trippled checked the cmp file in HardCMP. I cant think of anything else other than some kind of limiting within the game that is preventing any more hardpoints above the 7. :?:

Thanks again. I appreciate the helpl! :)

Cheers!!!

• Update!!

Well after spending hours going through ini file after ini file, trying different combinations of hardpoint allocation assignments on the model itself, it seems that there is absolutely no way to increase the gun mounts on the stock Anubis from its default 7 in the game. Mounting extra hardpoints isnt the problem, it is having those byond number 7 show up in the game!! ARGH!! :evil:

However I could change the torpedo launcher mounts and made those gun mounts, which then gave me the 9 guns I was trying to get, but at a loss of the two extra torp hardpoints.

Oh well, no big deal. But I learned alot about the ini files and dll's!! :geek:
    Cheers!!!

• If you put the lines

addon = (put gun name), HpWeapon08, 1
    addon = (put gun name), HpWeapon09, 1

in the package for the Anubis you will have the weapons on the ship, but you will not be able to mount/unmount them. This wood be under the
    <data file="DATA\EQUIPMENT\goods.ini

I Added four more guns to the patriot lite fighter but had the same problem.

Update to post in order to get freelancer to allow you to add more mounts you have to copy the ship *.cmp file and rename it. That is how I got around the problem for the Patriot.

• there is 2 ways u can do this, u can reuse existing mounts
    generaly all mounts are same u can just change its type in shiparch, then assign it different role
    make sure that u do dismount for instance lights and make them into gunmounts,
    easy way u can do this is by using IonCross, or u will have to design lights-weapon as weapon_commodity or game will crash during dismount of lights

u can use milshape, edit/redesign ship fully, to make mount create copy of triangle over existing surface, give that new surface texture where texture is actuall name of hard point, like this
    use name of texture for new triangle HpMyMount001, then assign it what u want it to b in new shiparch entry

note:
    if u create more then 32 gunmounts per ship server will crash due to integer overflow when u fire.