crashes

• hi, i'm pretty new to modding, and i'm having a few issues with my install. i tried to activate a large mod (crossfire) using flmm 1.3, but it kept either freezing my computer or flmm would crash. as a result i couldn't uninstall any mods, and freelancer would just keep crashing aswell. so i had to uninstall flmm and delete all the saves without uninstalling and mods, and now freelancer keeps crashing whenever i go through a jump hole or at other points. i tried deleting freelancer and reinstalling it, but that didn't fix anything. how can i bring everything totally back to normal before i had mods?

edit: prettyyyy sure i posted this in the wrong thread just before, sorry bout that...

• u should have asked on the official crossfire forum for help - then this problem wouldnt exist anymore

the crashes when you jump to other systems are 3dsound related... just turn it off on the options

to install Crossfire you will need 1. a clean FL installation and 2. FLMM 1.31
    if you have any other troubles you can find help at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.crossfire.swat-portal.com">http://www.crossfire.swat-portal.com</a><!-- w -->

• Greetings,

I have same problem with that: I made my own mod but i still dont know what can i do to skip the missions, so i had to install an opensp.mod either.
    There are no problems to jump from any of my holes and gates to another, or to an orig system, but through shikoku-new tokyo gate the game has been crashed every time. To check that, i made an other route from one of my systems to new tokyo, there were no problems.
    After i reinstalled my mod and used only the opensp.mod. When i tried to jump into new tokyo from shikoku, its caused blue death and autoresart again.
    Weird think there are no additional jumping problems but shikoku-new tokyo jump gate. I havent touched new tokyo system in my mod nor shikoku.
    This 3D sounds may caused the problems between this two systems only?
    If someone knows what i have to write into my mod to skip the storyline i appreciate that, it seems this opensp.mod caused the problems.

Best Regards,

• You could try editing EXE\newplayer.fl (decode it first) and add in the completed mission info (see SP from MP, or Fresh Start included from FLMM 1.4 beta 2). Unfortunately, the numbers are different depending on the version of content.dll (using the wrong one prevents leveling up; SP from MP detects the version, but that doesn't really help you; Fresh Start ignores it, but makes it level 50, anyway).

• Thanks for the tip.
    So all i have to do to decode the newplayer.fl somehow and simply copy-paste the complete missions from multiplayer file?
    Can you tell me what sort of programs needs to decode this .fl file?

Best Regards,

EDIT: ah ok im blind, you inserted it into your post. thanks

• Freelancer Noob
    Hey i've just started playing i've had some issues with the crashing while jumping
    but since the last time it crashed i haven't been able to activate rebalance 3.56 and get this error message

Cheers Paul

• since sorted the problems activating rebalance
    But its still crashing CONSTANTLY when entering tradelines
    Only mods running are the normal character mod and rebalance 3.56 rc3 full

intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU
    T7200 @ 2.00ghz
    2.00ghz,2.00gb ram
    XP prof sp3

Really want to get into the game but Just can't play it like this PLEASE HELP :oops:

:EDIT:only seems to be after entering the freelancer Gate:EDIT:

• u probaly have missing files or corrupt files,close ur mods uninstall mods/flmm.reinstall flmm/mods.when too many ppl link upto a ftp site and dl the same files as ur trying to get. files become mixed up.this happened to me when i got tie universe 9.1 & evolutions mod.nobody's fault however it does happen from to time.but once you get the complete file back up those files if something does happen u wont have to go thru the same process again,just make sure flmm version is compatible with the mod ur trying to get