Mods not activating/deactivating

• Hi guys.

When I try to activate or deactivate some mods in Freelancer Mod Manager (1.2) they, don't work and I have to restore backups and the mod manager before I can run some of them. (Namely, all the speed mods, and freelancer massive addon). I ran them fine on a different computer (XP). The computer I have now used Vista Ultimate.

This is what comes up in the log:

Error: problem activating 'Speed 1200 Mod' on test run
    Error: Unable to find a section in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\data\constants.ini'

Error: problem activating 'NoStory Mod' on test run
    Error: Unable to find a section in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\data\missions\m01a\m01a.ini'

I've tried reinstalling the game and mods. Any ideas? Thanks!

• you have to run everything as the administrator before you download and activate a mod. then to make the mod work you have to run freelancer as admin. just right click the icons on your desk top and click run as administrador. that should make everything work for you. it took me awhile to get freelancer to run right on vista also. another thing if you want to play on servers you have to delete your anti virus and use avg free. thats if you use norton or macafee.

• not too sure but i think changing the permissions for the whole freelancer mod manager folder to allow also works, but i think running as administrator does that anyway.

but to do that, right click the freelancer mod manager folder, click properties, then select the "security" tab, then under permissions click the "edit" button then go through and tick everything allow. that'll let freelancer mod manager and all of the files in the subfolders (e.g: mods) run properly.

and avg free is definately a good idea too haha.

• No Luck... I tried running them all as admin, and editing permissions (but they already have full permission, as it turns out.) Some of the mods work and some don't...

I've got Freelancer Massive Addon Installed, so now the only ones not working are the ones that came with the Mod Manager (NoStory, and the speed mods, everything else is working fine).

Thanks, for the help so far. :D

• also when you activate mods watch the color if its red donot mix the mods they wont work. if they are orange still do not do it. only mix mods if the mod is black. so if you put on massive add on and speed mod is red stay away. i hope this helps.