Texturing/Modelling Help needed

• Hi, I have a problem.... Im trying to make a new model for freelancer. It was exported into Lightwave, editted, then exported to milkshape, and when I try to make the textures show up, THIS happens....

No idea why, can anyone with modelling/texturing experience help me out here? I want to use original FL textures for this model, but when I load them, they come out like that.

• Well, I looked over your post and I couldn't figure out the issue you were having. We had an issue similar, but the model wasn't textured yet. So I talked to a veteran modeler that I know and he told me this:

golem says:
    cause when you export it ALL goes to obj format
    golem says:
    so you lose the 'pieces'
    golem says:
    need to export each piece one by one
    golem says:
    then regourp the faces and recreate the groups that make up each element you want to work with

That was all I could get out of him at the time. He's pretty wrapped up in a game he's playing. I hope that helps you though.

The model looks great though. Hope to see it in action one of these days.

• i am not sure what is ur exact problem
    pls check this out, it might b that textures are not matching model size
    like they are 2 small or 2 large for model itself,
    be sure to export model with magnification factor, or ull get supersmall model in fl.

if u sort out problem then please give full soutlions to community as well as exact problem.

• Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get any more out of him than that. He doesn't realy care for game modeling at all, and barely shows much attention to the work modders do. Sorry I could get you any more info on that, maybe one of the Veterans on TSP can help you, seeing as how they aren't on TLR.