Fully-automatic firing for explosive projectiles?

• As some of you may know, mostly by experimentation, adding the seeker= line to a projectile disables the fully automatic firing rate of the weapon which fires it. It also disables beam effects, strangely, requiring you to add them in the projectile's *.ale file. However, without the seeker= line, the projectile cannot have a blast radius or kill a ship with one shot. Is there anyway to overrride this limitation?

I first noticed this problem when experimenting with a weapon I had created, but it became a real issue when it resulted in guns on NPC ships and solars becoming much less aggressive towards their targets. This is important because one of my bases is constantly harassed by enemy units and cannot defend itself, and in another case, various NPC ships do not fire their weapons hardly at all.

• Try to add "radius" parameter in Munition section (or somewhere else... i did forget, where exactly), and set hit effects as explosion fx. May work. Also you may try "seeker = DUMB", several years ago i've tried to make something similar to real HVAR rockets, but codes of it are lost in history :(

Quote from "TubeJuice"

...various NPC ships do not fire their weapons hardly at all.

offtopic, but that's described in pilots_population.ini file, my NPCs are firing like it's no tomorrow

• If you want ur npc's to fire your modified projectiles like they are a laser(blaster), refer to the story code where Brandon Rowlett was killed. In that case, the defenders that killed him have just the npc code you need. Remember when you attack them, they fire whole salvos of seeker missles exactly on the interval as fast as they can. Why not recylcle that code? Might work....

Don't tell Locke what he can't do.
    And remember always to regenerate!