Game crashing when modded. Need help!

• Here's my problem

I am using a tutorial created by Drizzt4.0 and when I created a ship and placed it into the game it seems to crash during the cut scene at Freeport 7 when a new game is started. It seems to crash right before the defenders "intercept" the nomad ships when they attack.

The only thing that I could think of is that I have somehow mucked up the defender code and when they spawn thats when it crashes

Comments would be greatly appreciated.

• Hmm im not a real expert in this.
    But I believe the loadouts in the single player missions (and the sp7 cut scene is one of them) are different than the loadouts used when playing SP (own ship) and online.
    So find those loadouts, you might have goodies mounted on hardpoints that don't even exists.

• Alright I'm not too sure on what you mean by the loadouts, however if I play the game from a savefile it doesn't crash and its only when I buy my ship that the game crashes. So all I need is to get past the cut scene and I should be alright.

Thanks

• u cannot use same playerfiles for modded and unmodded game, backup ur old data, and start over single player with no previous save games.

to do backuping of old files go to
    %system_root%\\docmuents and settings\your_name\my documents\my games\freelancer\
    save all from there to diff location, and delete folder, enable mod, start game from beginging.

if mod itself is not bugged this is only reason why it is crashing.