• Hi Thorsword -
    This has been talked about quite a bit, and people have differing options to go by. Of course, I'm thinking of the mandated race in Vanilla FL when one must race with Hovis as I figure you are. Couple things to consider - What ship are you using?; i.e., is it a fighter w/good speed or not, and have you tried flying w/out using cruise engines? There are some good options to be found within these forums here, and I can only say that I always use the cruise engines immediately and focus on the rings ahead of the one directly next in front so as to anticipate how to turn. Do a search for 'Hovis' or 'winning the race' to see some other detailed possibilities. Good stuff to be found here... Good Luck and Good freelancing!

"A little excitement in an otherwise dull day..."

• I've never liked the race and thought it didn't belong in the game. Still, there is no way around it. At first, I'd lose every time. I'd miss a gate and that was it. Then I sort of fell into a pattern of hitting every gate without trouble. Hovis messes up near the end, so if you make all of the gates you'll beat him.

One good thing about the race: it is the only one in the game! ;)