Posts by Ugnaught

Public education started going downhill when they got rid of Corporal Punishment, and the curve. We´ve got all sorts of people complaining about how underfunded the public education system is, even though we´re spending more money per student (even adjusting for inflation) than we ever have, and the results are worse than ever. We´ve got people complaining that they need money for computers and stuff like that, even though schools did just fine a hundred years ago when computers didn´t exist. Isaac Newton, Euclid, and Gauss didn´t have computers and they invented parts of mathematics. I don´t see why you need one now to learn from them. That´s my rant on education. I´m a little extra sensitive on this because I read an article in a magazine about how schools are making the kids do all those fund raisers. My two daughters aren´t school age yet, but I´m dreading the junk that school is going to push on them. Let´s get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!

I can see how hitting an airbag would help you survive a head-on, and keep you from going over the handlebars, but in a car you also need your seat-belt to keep you from flying around to the side after you hit the airbag. Also, there´s many cases of people getting killed by the airbag because they didn´t have their seat-belt on. I´m just going to have to see this thing in action to understand it. I went and found this link http://www.webbikeworld.com/Mo…nda-motorcycle-airbag.htm Let´s get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!! Edited by - Ugnaught on 9/8/2005 4:00:08 PM

There´s a funny short story by Isaac Asimov called "Victory Unintentional" that you might get a kick out of. The Dune series is probably my favorite series. Both the original series and the two newer trilogies. HG Wells and Jules Verne are both great authors, even though they´re approaches are quite different. Arthur C Clarke - all interesting Let´s get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!

Arrggh MeeHearty! (I don´t know how to spell MeeHearty, I bet the average pirate couldn´t spell it either, but chances are no real pirate ever said that) If all pirates were like the guys on Peter Pan, then they wouldn´t be so bad. Let´s get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!

I never figured out how the Professor could be smart enough to build a radio out of a coconut but he couldn´t patch a hole in the boat. And I don´t know why he didn´t bump off the Skipper and Giligan, then he could have had Ginger and Mary Ann all to himself. I asked my dad what he thought about that and he said, "what about Mr. Howell?" For me it was a given that the Professor could get rid of Mr. Howell anytime he felt like it. All you need to know about Giligan´s Island can be summed up by a line from the dad on That 70´s Show, I´ll paraphrase. "Aw, they were about to get off the island and Gilligan just screwed it all up. They should kill Gilligan!" Let´s get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!

This can only mean that some schmuck already jammed one in his wee wee and then he got some slick lawyer to sue the company and a bunch of morons on the jury found in his favor because they want to help the little guy and screw the evil screw driver corporation. This is only more evidence that we need legal liability reform. Let´s get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!

What the heck is wrong with Legos!?! They are only the coolest toy ever invented. I´ve been collecting the Star Wars Lego sets. I don´t have them all. I´d have to get a whopping bonus or some other monetary windfall before my wife would let me buy the Star Destroyer model since it´s $300. When I was a kid I was always trying to build star wars ships out of legos but was always limited by my parts. I do model railroading in N scale. I´ve always liked trains. Union Pacific is my favorite railroad, but I´ve always been fascinated by the now defunct New York Central. Let´s get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!

The morning of the 1980 eruption was pretty weird. It was all dark and there was ash all over everything. Since it was sunday we had to go to church and, you had to scrape your windshield just like in winter. We only got an inch or two of ash. The next day some kids wore masks to school, we laughed at all those kids. Let´s get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!

I never really saw the point of this game either. I do like building a house, but then you have to tell the people what to do all the time, and to me it´s not very fun. I read that the sims in Sims 2 are more autonomous than in Sims 1 but I doubt it would make it appeal to me. My sister will probably get it, so I´ll at least have a chance to look at it without having to buy it. Let´s get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!

Yes, the TNG2.0 mod. So you´re saying something´s shooting me and wiping out my shields but the beams aren´t appearing on my screen. Let´s get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!

The first time I saw the Homeworld box it looked real cool and I thought it might be fun to try out, then I noticed that Sierra made it and I decided that no matter how cool it looked I wasn´t going to be sucked in to another crappy Sierra game. Let´s get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!

If global warming is really happening I think it would be great. Last winter it was a lot colder than normal. My pipes froze and I couldn´t take a shower so I had to go over to my folks house and I don´t want that to happen again because it took me an extra half hour to get to work. I also hate scraping my windshield. Then it snowed about a foot and it took the city two weeks to plow my street, and by that time I couldn´t drive either of my cars because the ruts in the road were so deep that I constantly bottomed out. This summer I didn´t have a chance to get out on the river and if summer lasted longer it would be more fun. Also global warming will make growing seasons longer and that would help fight world hunger. Always remember the same wackos who are saying we´re causing global warming used to all say we were causing global cooling. Maybe if human activity could cause the sun to get cooler or hotter I might believe human activity could make the planet hotter or cooler. Let´s get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!

I like it. Just as was stated I hate those Elemental guys. I know this was supposed to be a hard mod, but I had no idea how hard until one of those little guys blew me away with what seemed like one shot. What do you have to be flying in order to take these guys on, right now I have that nightstalker plane and it doesn´t last very long against those fire sprites. Let´s get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!

This is my favorite Ugly people = Uglo-Americans , or appearance impaired I´m not a big fan of PC because we lose our language. Also we stop using a word because the self-proclaimed arbiters of what is PC say so, and we use the PC term, but it means the same thing. Down the road the arbiters will say we can´t use the new word anymore and they´ll come up with something new we have to say or else we are branded as a racist ,sexist, homaphobe. I don´t like it. Let´s get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!

Giving away information that your country deems important to keep secret, even if you made it up, is treason. Let´s get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!!