Posts by X-pilot

"I find chatting and reading the news a nice little break from flying." You may find this interesting to know but there is a new bulletin board with news and missions... but currently only cut scenes take place on planets... so you will have something else to do other than flying : ) "Building factories sounds like a chore in micro-management " Well you don´t need to build them... And with the clever AI scripting you can fully automate pretty much everything if you want! so micro manage as much or as little as you want! "the visuals look below par" Err... Ok... Heres some more new screen shots: http://www.computerandvideogam…s/news_story.php?id=88975 Edited by - x-pilot on 23-03-2003 14:05:08

I apologise... I was only just informed that it sounded like blackmail... I am dealing with the forum and hope to have our boys silenced on the Joystick topic but we are not all posting Joystick topics...

@datd It´s a small minority, most people were simply outraged by the fact that a post had been deleted (the egosoft forum has 5 locked posts and no deletes). Their´s a bit of a ´Freedom of speech´ movement going on... Edited by - x-pilot on 29-01-

Well if you wish to know more don´t hesitate to come and have a look: http://egosoft.com/x2/forum/index.php We´re a friendly enough group really! [edit: We had no idea are jokes were being construed as anything other than jokes... our official Freelancer bashing thread disappeared long ago... I will inform the comunity... Edited by - x-pilot on 29-01-2003 03:32:06

Greetings Tachyon... May I first welcome you to the X forums, I hope that you will contribute you´re thoughts on X2 as well as you do with Freelancer! I feel that you have misrepresented the majority of the X community. Yes many of us do look at the lancer reactor, just as you we are interested in both Freelancer and X2, and yes the do as you put it report back noteworthy information, thus keeping the entire community in the picture about Freelancers development. We are luck in the X community as we have liberal Moderators whom have allowing the community to flourish, then they come here and see more visible signs of moderation, and just like Grease looking at Sparta we forget the level of freedom we are allowed in the X forum and so react in horror over things that are different... I apologise for the reactions of my fellow X´er´s. You must understand our position, as ´DEATH AT THE DOOR´ said he/she does not know about X2 thus as fans of our beloved X we feel duty bound to provide information and just like you´re community we have are fanatics, who see an X post disappear or get locked and express their frustration in a very human way. The idea of bribes is simply because many of us believe that a fair debate about X2 has gone on here... You do not regularly share info on other games all that much, which is understandable as this is a Freelancer Forum but on the X2 forum we have discussed (and continue to watch) many games, not just Sci-fi but whatever people are interested in... Once again this is all down to the differences in the forums... Also it doesn´t help that we have a strong Lunex following in the forum so every once and a while Microsoft does catch a few broad sides but that has nothing to do with the majority of the forum. Finally the X forum has and will continue to make jokes about Freelancer, Microsoft, smoked Haddock and a whole range of other topics including our own game! We as a whole have never meant to commit to some kind of forum ´war´ but we do have our doubts about Freelancer, but most of us have not made any serious pre-judgements yet... If it´s any good we´ll buy it, if not we won´t simple as that... I look forward to more clement relations in the future. Thank you for reading Edited by - x-pilot on 29-01-2003 03:07:09 Edited by - x-pilot on 29-01-2003 03:09:01 Edited by - x-pilot on 29-01-2003 03:14:50