Posts by taz1004

"sorry but my point is focus on what u r really interested in and u can always find sth to do " Hmm... tempting but I don´t share your enthusiasm in turrets. Point is that there isn´t anything interesting after you reach top level, explore all maps, and get all equipments.

Yes, fly very close to them until distance says 0M and your weapons will be more effective. I knocked out all 3 generators with more than 5 minutes left. Use A and D button to move sideways around the generators while shooting.

Lord Porky, trust me, after you finish the storyline, it´ll only take couple more days until you find yourself at max level with 4 nomad weapons. One of the flaw of the game is that the level system is based on money you make rather than for example... enemy kills. You can make few freighter runs and advance 10 levels.

Weapons don´t do hull and shield damage at once. They do hull damage only when there´s no shield. You never noticed that your blue bar goes first before the red??? And Nomad Cannon´s hull damage is little more than 800, not 1400. And their blasters around 700.

Sounds to me the problem is with your strategy and you´re fighting enemies too strong for your ship. Order fighter isn´t strong enough to face nomad weapons. Shield is a backup system. Your goal is not to get hit. Playing chicken with your opponent may work but it´s not very smart. Nomad fighters have heavy firepower but you can kill them easily as well. Goal is to kill them before they can shoot at you. They always come in packs of 4 and you should be able to kill two of them on first pass. Remember not to head straight into them. Try using engine kill button to drift and shoot. Edited by - taz1004 on 17-03-2003 02:30:11

"Oh! I thought the Eagle carried Level 10 Guns and Shields. Mmmmmm! So its basicly the same as the Hammerhead apart from some better specs." Huh? Are you reading messages correctly?

You can bribe them at freeport 9 but it´ll be tough to get there if you´re weak and not friends with Corsairs. You can also bribe hessians at Planet Hamburg. If you don´t find them, just keep visiting the bar until you do.

You´d eventually want to move up to either Eagle, Sabre, or Titan because of their power rating and ability to equip level 10 weapons. But if you like the agility of Hammerhead, you should stick with Eagle. Even Sabre seem sluggish compared to Eagle.

You either have to dump the cargo or fight your way through. I´d suggest you buy diamonds from New Berlin and sell them at New Tokyo. It´s Profit of $1200 per unit and with a humpback freighter which you can buy at New Berlin, you can make about $300,000 per run. If you take jumpholes, each run takes about 10~15 minutes. As for hostiles, either bribe them or stop at bases in between and save.

Get the eagle at Freeport9 in Omnicron Theta system. It´s better than Sabre. Sabre is sluggish and just doesn´t respond to mouse input as well as Eagle does. And armor difference is trivial. Besides, you´d get hit much less with Eagle.