Posts by fangmans

There is a lot of adjusting to do with the Mod, as well as some things that need to be fixed. But isn´t that what a Beta release is for? Out of all the Mods made for FL (and I´ve tried most of them) there is only one that comes close to your PTR. Most Mods that add new systems are left lacking because none of the bases work correctly. In some of the other *MAJOR* Mods the writers think they have a great work when combat takes you hours to complete (if you survive!) because the bad guys have shields and weapons that are better than you have, not to mention that you end up fighting 10 or 12 bad guys at once. Keep up the good work. Oh. By the way, that other Mod? Terra Empire Phase 1. While not quite as advanced as your PTR TE works quite well. The Fangman

Thanks to all! Having played FL as much as I have (mostly SP & OpenSP) it´s hummbling to know that I´m a little short on knowledge about other parts of the game (multiplayer). What was it that the old wag said; "If you are smart enough you can learn something new every day". The Fangman

Hey Chips; I like your 1.27 and 1.28 looks like it will be just as good. The only gripe I have is about the unavailability of the Champion shields for levels below 9. I play your mod along with Open SP. I have experianced crashes both to the desk top and to reboot, so I save game a lot. I think most of my problem was with back ground processes running. Anyway, very good work with Evolutions 1.27. The Fangman

Okey Chris03, it´s time for some help... I haven´t had the editor crash on the start-up screen, but it sounds like maybe you didn´t get a clean install, or you have a major conflict somewhere. As Shsan said Check the FLExplorer.ini file in your windows directory for correct paths. You need to tell us what CPU you are running, the amount of memory, and the operating system you are using. This information will tell us what it isn´t that´s causing the crash. Other things; have a clean install of Freelancer? If you use FLMM restore everything and deactivate all mods. Read the read-me and the manule if you d/l´ed it. Like I said up front...I don´t know what is causing your prob, but we´ll figure it out. YOU want this editor...it is that good. Hang in... The Fangman

AND another thing that really gets to me... The "short hand" some people use in their posts 4 u ppl 2 this forum. When asked why he couldn´t post in plain english (nothing against the French, German, Dutch, or any other nationality that post here), one bright(?) user explained; "It´s a quicker way of typing a message, saves time and money." Appearently this bright(?) person doesn´t reason that anybody trying to read his post wastes a whole bunch of time trying to figure out what he´s talking about. Time and money? That´s a bunch of cr*p. I don´t know of ISP that charges internet usage by the minute anymore. The Fangman

I really hate to say this, having been an electronics instructor a long time back), but some of the things posted here as well as the other editing forums smack of be dumb and stupid. And the bad thing is some of the posters ARE NOT NOOBIs. I have noticed a couple of people who carry "Captain" or higher have never gone above four or five words in any of their posts that I have read. Then there was the "Captain" who posted the question "Why isn´t my 2d editor working?" in this forum. If he d/l´ed the file, I know where he got it. In that forum there is a long running thread that contains the URL of the author, who has a forum for the editor running on his web page. The question I have...is this "Captain" that dense? The Fangman

Dr Del; You made me laugh, man (the saved game fairy!!!!). BTW I like babboons too! Oh, btw1, to the guy who asked the question in the first place...FLMM alows you to change the colors any way you want them. Oh, btw2, common sence tells me that RED is bad (my mamma learned me that), GREEN is good (Good old mamma again), and finally, any other color might be good or maybe bad (I figured that one out for myself). The Fangman

May I ask why you posted this in the "General Editing Forum" when there is an ongoing thread for the 2d editor run by Shsan in the "Editing Utilities Forum"? Also, if you were to READ that particular thread, you would have Shsan´s personal web page url where he has set up a forum where can ask, gripe, or praise. You can also down load the latest update of the editor (there were two updates yesterday (or today, depending on your time zone). Seeing that you probly don´t have the latest update your 2d editor isn´t any good anyway. BTW You can not claim ignorance of Shsan´s thread or his web site...that´s the only place you can get the 2d Editor. So, I ask again, why did you post in this forum? The Fangman

There other posts in just about all of the editing forums about the subject you´er asking about. First of all, let me tell you right off the bat, you aren´t playing the massive mod. What you are playing is a straight Starlancer. I don´t care what FLMM says about having the mod activated. Two things you have to do... 1. d/l the updated massive mod. 2. d/l the updated FLMM 1.2 Beta. BTW1... It would probly help if you read some of the other posts from people who had the same problem. BTW2... There are so many new gates in the New York system that you would have to be blind not to find them. The Fangman

I don´t know how Reynen´s new mod (not yet released) is going to be, but right now the best out there is Micheal Dan´s reBalance 1.9 I played the story line game 3 times and then went on to level 38. By the third time through, the only thing in the story line missions that kept me in the game was Juni. The rest was booring as hell. That´s when I turned to the mods. I play "openSP" starting with the amount of credits I had when I retired from the sigle player game 3. I found some of the mods too hard, being balanced to the point that I couldn´t play them. Some of the mods have turned out just booring as going through single player 3 times, and yes, some of them should never been released in the first place. All this changed when Dan brought out reBalance 1.4, got better with 1.6, and has hit the mark with 1.9. This mod has me playing with renewed vigor. The Fangman

Hey Giskard; I wasn´t putting Hostile Univers down. Like I said in my post, I couldn´t handle it. I´m an old man whose eye´s and reflexes are more memory than anything else. I think, (my memory is suspect also) I only tried the first and second issues of your mod and moved on. I had the same problem with Reynen´s mod. His big issue was that "everybody wanted it easy" or "everybody wanted it hard" and he couldn´t please everyone. Micheal Dan has found a way to please just about everybody with his selectable difficulty levels. Hey, you guys are all doing great work... The playability of Freelancer has been greatly enhanced with all the mods. The Fangman

Did you people notice that you can only use FLMM1.2 the mod to have it work correctly? BTW...The post to the General Editing Forum I´m about to make might interest you. The Fangman

If one was to goto the "Using Mods Help Forum" and READ XGx89´s post "How to Fix Access Denied Problems" it might ease one´s frustration. A couple of hints...You have to have the latest FLMM (the beta). ...You have to d/l the updated Massive Mod. ...The Massive Mod.zip.FLMM installs correctly. The Fangman Edited by - fangmans on 23-06-2003 21:10:39