Posts by synapz

it doesn´t matter where you got it from. The mod does not contain any patched exe anymore (it being there in prior versions was a misstake) and every time you activate the mod after you deactivated it, the patched file will be replaced by the one in the mod which is not patched (because Starfyrestudios noes NOT support nocd cracks) and the game asks for the CD.

Hmm...my post will probably be ignored like always but since the problem affects all ppl on my friend´s (B[TcH) server I have to report this: Several times before, when doing missions in the Nexus system it went well the first or couple of times but after that, first I got disconnected in middle of flight, sometimes in the middle of a tede lane. This last time after installing the mission 12 patch and it got installed on the server, everything went ok untill I went to the Nexus with my..hmm..don´t remember the name of them ship but it´s the better vesrion of X-wing...bought on New Tokyo...the one with 7 guns... First mission went ok but in the middle of the way to next missions 1:st waypoint the server wenty bye bye... Next time I tried to use my char the server went bye bye...so I made a new char... Then I just satayed on manhattan and talked with some guy when the server went bye bye again...dunno if THAT crash was because of me, hopefully not. Every time I go to the Nexus system and try to do missions there something like that happens...hoefully the situation will improvew with version 1.5 of the mod. Btw, I will most probably start a freelancer server myself very soon. will have a new computer ready by tomorrow...which brings me to a question (wrong topic, sorry but can´t help myself...)...how many users can a P4 3Ghz with 512MB RAm take?

Yes, in the "what to download" thread it says "Mission 12 Patch". Unfortunatly it wasn´t true for B[TcH´s server until..ehh..look my above post...because he was away and because he waited for v. 1.5 of the patch. The server is patched now so you need the mission 12 patch too.

You need to install the mission 12 patch. That patch was missing on the server just a few hours ago which made MY game crash since i installed the patch and if you do the same it should work for you too, again.

Since I know B[Tch very well (working same place and living like 300 meters apart) I answer first... I played on this server just yesterday...right now it´s offline...maybe the srever crashed or something. I notified him about it. Well, doing missions if the only way for ne that is fun. Right now i´m in an Eagle doing missions all over the place, mainly Rheinland. Most of the missions are easy especially those which involves killing or capturing an indivisual. I always start the killing the same way. As soon as I can see the enemy I typ ´R´and then fire off a3 of my torpedoes at the same time. Whammy! The only missions I don´t like is station killing missions. I dunno how many torpedo hits they take...30? I usually use the guns ...same goes for weapon platforms.

Reynen (and other ppl saying that i was bitch´n):I didn´t download any special TIE mod only whatever version is in your mod. I ALWAYS download off the link u post and so does my friend who runs "B[Tch´s freelancer server 2 (the one with the mod) and had been running it for one purpose only and that is to run your mod on it! The very LAST version of your mod I could not install (CRC error) like many other ppl. SO to be able to play at all (deleted the version before) I installed the fixed version... ALL other versíons worked without any crashed BUT the TIE Inteceptor had the mentioned bug with it´s name/shield already in beta3 and I DID NOT(!!!) install any other separate TIE MOD besides what was inside yours So...fix the bugs or...don´t I just want to play...i´ll shut up from now on and just play...like i want to do anyway. BTW..just isntalled the mod from scratch from the usual link off the top post like me and bitch has been doing (so there!!!) since version 1.6. i´ll tell him to install that on his server. So if you still have crashes Reynen maybe you should check your connection or computer or something...the server was for our own (me and bitch´s) pleasure even if it´s always some extra fun when other people join...it´s not a beta test server or something...just for fun...thought that if I point the bug (or whatever) I find would help..but I guess not...so like I said...from now on I will whut up and just play. Edited by - synapz on 27-04-2003 23:01:28

Hmm...the TIE Interceptor (or Legionnaire as the info card says) still don´t have any visible shield (HP?)...not that I complain since the shield is still there just not visible anywhere...but will this be fixed soon? Another strange thing happened. I got not one but two Super Freighter shields in my inventory, but I can´t sell them or do anything with then (in a fighter anyway) because I can see them when clicking on the inventory button but don´t see them at all when clicking on the dealer icon.

Well, i doesn´t matter anymore (for now) because I changed ship again to an ANUBIS ship. That ship is not hmm..cheap...so the laucher had to go. As soon as I can get more money I will equip THAT ship with the torpedo launcher. Probably it will work on the new ship but I´ll see soon... I did have only ONE (same) launcher on the TIE and the Hammerhead. I worked like a charm om the TIE but stopped working on the Hammerhead. Everyone of you tried out the Hammerhead and saw the launcher work onm that ship? Hmm..maybe I should go back and buy back the Hammerhead...and equip 3 launchers and see how well or bad they will work then.

My friend is running the Beta 3 of the mod (running since 1.6) and I´m happy to what it has evolved into so far. Noticed something yesterday..I think...changed from the TIE medium fighter (the card is saying legionnaire) to the Hammerhead solk on Manhattan...passed by a hostile station and thought "testing blowing up the station with sunslayer torpedos might be fun"... Pressed that torpedo key and...nothing...and nothing...remapped the key..still nothing... The ship has 3 hardpoints for torpedos...but i can´t manage to fire the one I have since the TIE fighter...why? AM i missing something? The same torpedo launcher worked fine on the TIE but not on the hammerhead.

I don´t remember...but it might be that you shoot them too early or yuo are not supposed to shoot them at all. Wait until all the talking ends (listen to Juni carefully) before you do anything and as far as I know you never ever shoot neutral targets while they are still neutral.