Posts by Ketzal

The best way to turn down the AI is to make a modification to the PerfOptions.ini file. In the INI file locate this line: DIFFICULTY_SCALE = 1.00 Change the 1.00 to whatever you want. I believe it works as a damage modifier for the damage that you receive. To decode the INI file you can download the FreeLancer INI uncompressor (command line, v1.1) from the Utilities section. Edited by - Ketzal on 26-03-2003 21:42:56

Xerx it seems likely that the information in memmory is moved around based on what system you are currently in. In addition, since the price of goods is determined by the station (or planet) chances are that the modifier (not the price itself) is stored along the the station (or planet) in memory, which is probably stored with the system.

Why would they store the number 120 more than once? They are better off storing the 120 once (base price) and the multiplier per base. I think you would have more success looking for the multiplier. To that end, the multipliers have a specific acuracy in the ini files (1.000000 or something to that effect) if you can´t find the number with the decimal, look for it without the decimal.

If you want to make only yourself invulnerable, there is a shield that does it. All you need to do is look for it in the ini files (I don´t have access to it here) and make it purchaseable at your station. I think it works by making it´s refresh rate 100000.