Posts by Sudden Death

There´s a lot of debate about regenerating dirlects, but I´ve found each dirlect to be one-time-only things for individual players. When (or if) the server is shut down and restarted, the dirlects regenerate, but can only be looted by players who have not already done so. You can make new characters and loot the dirlects regardless of what you´ve already pillaged, though. "If I wanted your damned opinion, I´da beaten it out of you."

Yeah, the higher the deflection angle the more all of this matters. But for most condititions the difference is so minimal (the speeds average to something like 614 m/s) that even with Nomad weaponry and a Skyblast turret out of its firing arc it´s not hard to hit things with the Nomad guns... Especially in those chicken runs the AI loves. "If I wanted your damned opinion, I´da beaten it out of you."

Hmm, I think I see what you meant, but wouldn´t it be better to use a group of all weapons and a group of all weapons except the turret? Obviously, if the turret has a different projectile speed than the normal guns (which it does in my case) the lead reticle will move if I switch between a group of just guns and a group of just the turret. "If I wanted your damned opinion, I´da beaten it out of you."

@ Mr_nStuff I´m not a newbie, I understand that the lead reticle averages the necessary deflection of only the active weapons... My question is if weapons not aimed in their firing arcs are calculated in, as well. I don´t see how your suggestion addres

The (Civillian) Advanced Debilitator level 8 pulse turret is about as good as it gets for sheild killing. It´s got 700m range, 700m/s speed, 4 refire rate, 795 sheild damage, 23 hull damage, and 47 power used. Theres also a Corsair version called the Rapier Turret. The numbers could be wrong, though, because the strategy guide I´m reading from is full of errors. "If I wanted your damned opinion, I´da beaten it out of you."

In MP, if it´s laggy, you might get a flashing warning on the top left of your Neural Net that looks like a networking icon (a picture of two computers connected by some wires). If that´s not it, just mouse over the warning in question and you´ll see a breif description at the extreme top left of your Neural Net. "If I wanted your damned opinion, I´da beaten it out of you."

@ Joxxer I have MS GV. Are you suggesting that I run it in the backgrond completley independent of FL? "If I wanted your damned opinion, I´da beaten it out of you."

On someone else´s post, the person described how, after alienating just about every faction, taking the Unknown Jumphole in Omicron Gamma to the Unknown system, and landing on the monkey planet (Gammu? Piramus? one of those...) there was a way to actually buy things from there (normally you can´t), including the Anubis. I personally think that´s BS, but even if it wasn´t, you´d need a really powerful ship to make it alive through that kind of space and wouldn´t want to buy an Anubis at that point. "If I wanted your damned opinion, I´da beaten it out of you."

NPC and certain playable ships have different variants. You (playing without hacks and .ini mods, anyway) only have access to the most basic of the variants, but the computer can have any of the variants. Hull HP, maximum weapon class, and other statistics increase with NPC ship variant level. Would someone else please go buy the FL guide... "If I wanted your damned opinion, I´da beaten it out of you." Edited by - Sudden Death on 04-04-2003 23:00:41

Probably, yes, but then anyone else who played FL on that comp would have access to it and be able to get your ID and screw up your accounts or use the ID for themselves elsewhere. So, yeah it´ll work, but be careful. "If I wanted your damned opinion, I´da beaten it out of you."

Don´t worry... about the files anyway. Multiplayer character files are saved on the server computer of the host. So, essentially, as long as you weren´t hosting the server, the files will still be there on the other guy´s comp when you reinstall. Remember to print out or copy your ID (CD-key... what do they call those twenty characters of unique garbage again?) though, as it´s somewhat hard to get it back after a reinstall, I´ve heard. "If I wanted your damned opinion, I´da beaten it out of you." Edited by - Sudden Death on 04-04-2003 06:11:42

I don´t want to spoil anything major, but mid to late in the FL campaign there´s a little orbital bombardment. No matter who´s doing it, though, it would be more logical to use energy weapons because if a planet´s atmosphere can shred your fighter into tin foil, it´ll have no problem making short work of a puny little torpedo. I guess I have to go with NukeIt and the others on this one, there´s just no point for capital ships to have torpedoes anymore. "If I wanted your damned opinion, I´da beaten it out of you."