Posts by Vancolver

Absolutely cool. The overall shape is very elegant. As long as you clad it with a good texture, it will be great. I am not sure you are planning to make this a fighter or a cap ship. It looks more like a gigantic dreadnought to me. It would be great to fly around this baby.

Oh...I modded my Defender as well, but not as powerful as yours. I made it 6/1 weapons config with max C9 weapons. Pretty much on par with the Hammerhead.

The guns are not modded by me. Its in the rebalance mod. All VHF have 8 guns now. Even light fighters have 6 guns, but of course it is not shown here. Some guns are already in the game when it is published. For some reason or another DA decides to leave them out. And you should know that I am improving all the ships, not just making a super weapon. A Defender or a Crusader can now go toe to toe with an Eagle. What I am trying to do is to make the NPC ships all fight like the player. They should have all their guns activated (like 6 guns for VHF) and full shield regeneration rate. If you think about it, the enemies are much much tougher then they were. Imagine surrounded by 10 defenders with 6 class 9 weapons shooting incessantly at you. Your shield and armour peels like nobody´s business. Comparatively, the little tweak on the Sabre is really nothing.

<font size=1 face="trebuchet ms"><BLOCKQUOTE><hr size=1 noshade> 1) Vancolver modding your ship is kinda lame it rakes the fun out of the game 2) There is drag in space ever heard of the theoretical &quot;dark matter&quot; 3) Drag may also include the turning whil you are goin at 300 cruise speed 4) For the sake of balance I get your point but really it wouldn´t have been as much fun getting your Titan on manhattin now would it? 5) I don´t think those situations would ever happen and I agree with the other 2 it was needed for balancing SP though not as effective in MP <hr size=1 noshade></BLOCKQUOTE></font><font face=´trebuchet ms, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica´ size=2> 1. Nope. I merely make it agile. I didn´t make it invincible or whatsoever. Its like a combination of the good qualities of the existing Eagle and Sabre if you want. 2. &amp; 3. Are you talking about physics? I hate it when ppl talk about physics as if they know a lot, which obviously they aren´t. Please, I am a physics major! Do you even know what is dark matter? Its the mass or &quot;energy&quot; in the Universe that does not emit radiation. They account for a large proportion of mass in the Universe. And they can be planets, asteriods, gases and anything that we cannot directly observe. The reason that they are important because they can contribute to the critical density of the universe. If this critical density exceed a certain value, the universe will end up in a collapse, they call it Big Crunch. I don´t see what is it gotta do with drag. Drag exists when something faces resistance through a medium and is denoted by a drag coefficient. This coefficient is based on the medium of travel and the dimension as well as surface of the object. For vacuum, drag is always zero. 4. Please. I have already completed the game and gotten sick of all the 3 VHFs. I have been to most bases and systems (i dare not say all), but I find that a limit has been reached whereby I cannot obtain any reasonable enjoyment from the game without modding it. Furthermore, the process of modding is actually more fun then playing the game. As least for me. : ) 5. Ya. That I agree. I am sorry if I get a bit too defensive here....but as I said.... Edited by - Vancolver on 27-04-2003 19:30:27

The FLMM sometimes doesn´t work properly, especially if you have too many mods installed...it gets confused by the different version of the files. I recommend you doing it manually. Copy the files from the data directory into somewhere safe for backup. Then copy whatever in your mod folder into the data folder. Overwrite all of them, since you already have the backup.

I don´t care whether I will make a difference. I have a different vision for Freelancer. I see Freelancer as a simulation. Thats why realism precedes all concerns....besides my Sabre MKII aren´t anywhere weak. In any case, the AI are so poor that they will take a long time for them to finish the enemies off, I will still make a difference. Besides, I love huge battles where vessels are everywhere and everyone shouting differnt commands.....the chaos is nice. : ) It adds to the dynamism of the world, yes it does. Oh...one last thing, any one knows how to change the AI guns?

You need to join the Lane Hacker faction first. They have the equipment for hacking the codename of the wreck. : p Just kidding. Shoot the wreak and the loot will drop. Just press &quot;B&quot; to tractor in.

<font size=1 face="trebuchet ms"><BLOCKQUOTE><hr size=1 noshade>if you click on the Dagger, and then on the Sabre, you can see that they just added a bottom part to the Dagger. I haven´t tried this yet, but doesn´t the Stilleto look a lot like a combination of the Dagger and Sabre? <hr size=1 noshade></BLOCKQUOTE></font><font face=´trebuchet ms, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica´ size=2> I have done this (by changing what a base sells). If you do this with all the faction fighters. You will see the same thing. The Eagle is a modification of the Falcon; the Titan is the modification of the Centurion; the Sabre is the modification of Dagger and Stiletto; the Dragon is an extension of the Drake; the Valkyrie is....so on and so forth. While it does give a certain style to each faction, I still prefer a more varied designs.

Is it true that Sabre handles better then a Titan? I tried all 3 but only Eagle seems to be doing well. Both Sabre and Titan were a little too clumsy and I didn´t find any difference between the two.

Its in a file called misc_equip.ini IIRC. The equipment are all linked to fighters with nicknames. So you must first find out the nickname of the fighter you want to modify. Like li_elite for the Liberty Defender.

Yeah, good point. My reason of modding is to give the game better balance in terms of faction strength and political realism. Uncontrolled modding will only ruin the game. By the way, I just modded the Defender into a VHF with max level 9 weapons capability and improved shield strength. Now the liberty should have no problem dealing with rouges like the Corsairs. I have also modified all the infocards to update this change. Now I am figuring how to change the price of a fighter....and I am also planning to add new fighters into the game..... After improving all the vessels of the four nations, I will find out how to modify the missions, the patrol routes and stuff so I can make the Corsairs and Outcast attack other nations in their territory. It will be a BIG battleground....heh heh

Hey thanks dude. Before that I was using the search function to get the correct infocards. Took me a while to figure out. But now I can edit whatever infocards I want. Its cool since I think the description in FL is way too short.

<font size=1 face="trebuchet ms"><BLOCKQUOTE><hr size=1 noshade>Factions use ships in a given system in accordance with that system´s level of difficulty. <hr size=1 noshade></BLOCKQUOTE></font><font face=´trebuchet ms, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica´ size=2> I did mentioned I understand this in my post. Read the last line. What I am trying to say is that after the SP campaign, all this &quot;difficulty levels&quot; only served to tip the balance of the game. If you have a VHF, say a Sabre with level 10 shield. Try to be hostile to the police and just stop outside Manhatten. Even while &quot;everything&quot; in the vicinity was shooting at you like crazy and your vessel shakes like hell, your shield will probably still take 0 damage. This is because all their damage rate adds up is still lower then your shield regeneration rate. I think this is ridiculous and definitely irritates me. Being experienced pilot and having good craft does not make you immortal. In short, I am talking about overall balance after the SP campaign. What I am trying to show that a nation like Liberty should have advanced and powerful crafts and that the &quot;gap&quot; between each craft shouldn´t be so huge. Edited by - Vancolver on 26-04-2003 06:32:01

I experienced the same problem sometimes. When I shoot a torpedo at a cap ship (I saw that it hit) sometimes it just doesn´t do any damage. I don´t understand this as well.

As others have already pointed out, if you become an enemy of the Bounty Hunters, you will probably be shot at everytime before you are properly launched from a base. And they usually comes in large numbers.