Posts by GUX

on destroying bases.....I´ve notice that if I go attack and destroy bases online 1) they respawn fairly quickly 2) they are indestructable after respawning. It would be nice if they didn´t respawn for at least 20 minutes and is there a way of making them not indestructable whent they come back? Is there a place to change the code so they do not come back after being destroyed? I´d like to play on a server where killing a dockablel base effected the game till the server rebooted. I have also notice blowing up bases seem to make the game very unstable. after blowing up two the server I was on would crash within 5 minutes. I already verified that there were no players in either base that I blew up.

I´m downloading it now on my other machine but I was wondering if the Voyager Skin was fixed replaced in this mod? it was all white in the last version. Also, I really like how the Sith Infiltrator looks but it lacks enough power to buy and have for a long period. If it either had hyperdrive, the ability to have level 9 weapons, then I´d make it my final ship just because it is so cool looking. As things are now I´ll probably make the defiant or the y-wing my final ship. With the cloaking device doing something different than what the name sugests, why not rename it to "missle jammer"?

Have a problem trying to run Datastorm 2.2 with REBALANCE. it finishes reading SYSTEMSEA01EA01.INI then give a pop up error of "run-time error 3201 no current record". behind it the datastorm program says "calculation of jumpholes and jumpgates... hitting ok on the error shuts the datastorm program down. (I hope this doesn´t duplicate, I´m getting strange errors when I try to submit this)

I really enjoy all the new ships, but I miss one thing that the official ships do which is show partial destroyed hulls (e.g. wings blown off, the back portions of engine mounts missing, etc.) I know it would take alot more work but is it possible to make "damaged" versions of the ships so the program can update to them when we have taken alot of damage? some of the realism has been lost...

Will Cloaking be added? I realized this could be very unbalancing but what if it uses up energy like the thrusters (but not as fast) and if it could make your ship think it is in cruise so that you can´t fire a weapon till you either deactivate it or it shuts off after it drains all your energy?

after posting a comment on the home page about the new MOD I realized that this really is were I should comment if I want the most people to read it so, snip- I defend and support Michaels use of new ships and changeing so that NPC´s are using the ships. I only play multiplayer now and maintain a public server with this MOD. change is the only thing that will keep people playing this. the single player game was WAY to short and if any game begs for an expansion pack it is this. I enjoy being able to test out the other ships and love coming up against the new ships. My wish is that the unknown sectors would stay on the map once you find them. then I´d know, is there 4 or 5 other sectors. plus if you´d add new sectors just so we would have more to explore that too would be cool. -end of snip Also Michael, is there a way of modifying the missions so that higher level missions of the type, "go and destroy all ships of <what ever faction> at the sector" can also have cruisers and battleships be there that must be destroyed for the misson to complete? one last question, can you have the bases drop stuff when blown up? there should be all kinds of stuff left over after a base being destroyed, You could even increase the "health" of the stations, and damage the stations do so that groups of people would feel a real accomplishment when taking one down, and be rewarded with holds full of goods.

Michael, found a bad bug. The UNKNOWN sector that has planet primus and planet gamu (the planets that are populated by just monkys and robots respectively) has an invalid jumphole to new york. if you try docking it will crash the server when it tries to load the other sector. also, is the nomad turret supose to look like it is a cannon made out of a mountain of rock? you can´t fly around with it mounted cause you can´t see anything (though I didn´t try changing to first person). I noticed there are 2 different nomad lasers with the exact same name but different stats and 3 nomad turrets with the same name but different stats.

I´m running this MOD on a dedicated rack server. with all the updates I haven´t been running it 24/7 but I think I´ll keep it up and going with the current version for awhile. the server name is REBALANCE MOD 06C (GUX´S) I checked with a couple of people who where connecting to my server and they all said the same thing. the starfury is just white, no texture skin. yet I´ve been to respawn.co.uk and have seen what the starfury is supose to look like.

I hope that the HYPERSPACE sector will be colored in swirly reds and the visibility and sensor range be greatly reduced, that would add alot to match the show. even being in a red cloud through out the sector would be cool.

Michael, I just got the new version in place and will go straight there to see if the hole appears, but in build 3 the hole that should have been next to the trade lane "south" of new berlin wasn´t there. I went to sigma 13 and flew all around the nebula that yagi station is in, the two wrecks were there but the jump hole back to new berlin was not. I even created a new character before looking for it. are all the jumpholes that are shown on the posted grr map there? including the way to get to the new sector? also now that hostile universe 3 is out any plans on putting the VIPER and STAR FURY into this mod? puncharen - rename the .FLMOD file to zip, unzip and extract the zip file that is inside. then rename THAT on to FLMOD and double click. that will drop the directories in correctly.

I haven´t fired up build 4 yet so maybe this has been fixed but I noticed the jumphole from new berlin to sigma 13 has been removed. also I jumped from galileo to Alaska and found out that only that hole the hole to bering and sigma 13 existed. the other 3 holes that are shown on the GRSS Map are not there. I wanted to jump to the new system but couldn´t. One more thing, the jump gate from alaska to New york is still locked.