Posts by integrabob

Just Some Guy, If you want the raw files from a FLMM file or you have to do is change the extension of the FLMM file from ".flmod" to "zip". You can then open the zip file and extract the file to another location. Copy the text from the shiparch.ini file or xml script relating to the ship (depending on what the creator of the mod used to add the changes) into your copy of shiparch.ini. The infocard.dll also has to be updated, unless the mod creator created their own dll (like porsche did with his star wars ships, then you can put the dll in the Freelancer/exe folder and edit the freelancer.ini file to read the dll. Full instructions are on the forum - try the tutorial section. "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb"

I don´t know if this has been addressed in the 1.52 patch but I´m having problems with two stations - BPA Newgate (Manchester) and the Luxury liner Hiawii in Sigma 19. As I approach them, usually within 10 or so K (sometimes a lot closer) the game crashes to desketop. I have swaped all my weapons (learned my mistake from my Stokes experience!) for standard in game or TNG weapons but I still get the same results. I should note, both of these stations have docking rings. I am in a Sith Infiltrator. Also of note I have crashed a couple of times fighting in the space around Sheffield Station (also in Manchester - I´m using the same ship and equipment). I´m sorry to say, especially since I only play SP, that TNG may only be truely viable (i hope for now at least) in MP. Its seems that most issues people have are when playing SP. It may be because of battleships being playable - at least in SP as you have pointed out before. Its a shame really because TNG is best mod I´ve played yet. Anyway great work none the less... I guess I should get DSL or cable so I can play MP.

Well, I´m not going to lay it out for you. Just a word of advise. Before asking something like this again (a pretty basic question), you may want to do a forum search or look in the tutorials forum. Actually this applies to just about any editing question. Most editing issues have been addressed at one point or another in the forums and asking a question when its obvious you have made little effort to find the answer yourself only irritates some people. Anway, the answer to your question lies here: http://www.lancersreactor.org/…ancer+Editing&M=False "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb"

I know nothing about debuging and not a whole lot about editing, but I do have a thought regarding Mission 12. Has anyone tried the mission using a standard tractor beam. Maybe when using an advanced tractor beam, people are tractoring the power supply before the game is expecting it (given the extra distance players can now tractor in loot). Just a thought, I haven´t tried it yet. "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb"

I´m experiencing the same as Sentinel84. Mission 4 when you arrive at Westpoint the game crashes to desktop when King say Lamba 4 has gone down. Tried the mission after buying new weapons on Manahtten (after cut sceen obviously) and when not, same response. "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb"

First I do want to express my appreciation for the NG mod. There are two bugs I have found so far. Both occurred in Single Player. Leaving Detroit after accepting a random mission I was launched into the long corridor joining the two ends of the station. To get out I had to destroy the station. I was flying a Tie Interceptor. The second concerns the Nexus System. I was in New York and got called back by Juni for Mission 2. While on the way to meet her, I decided to take a quick detour to the Nexus. During the docking animation the game crashed to desktop. The waypoint at the time was still on Manhatten. Again great work on the mod - so far a lot of fun. "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb"

So far I like the mod. Definately appreciate the work by the developers. One bug I found is when I accepted a mission at Detroit, I launched and found myself inside the long piece joining the the two ends of the station. I ended up blowing the station up leaving the system and coming back, but alas Detroit was still hostile to me. "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb"

Kurt, Is there any quick way from new tokyo to new berlin? From what I recall the trading route I take from N. Tokyo to N. Berlin is shorter than 50 waypoints - you may be doing this route already but just in case... Assuming you´re playing single player (SP) you can take the trade lanes and jumpgates to Sigma 13 from N. Tokyo (N.Tokyo - Honshu - Sigma 13) and then use the N.Berlin jump hole in sector C5 of Sigma 13. You will emerge near a trade lane close to Planet New Berlin. Watch out for Red Hessains though - they are always patrolling near the jump hole. I´m pretty sure the N. Berlin jump hole is not active in Multi Player. "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb"

For those wishing to add the Falcon to Porsche´s previous pack. The Falcon is sold at Cortez, the same planet as the Corellian Corvette. The script replaces the same ship package in market_ship.ini for both ships. This leads to an error in FLMOD. To solve this do the following. 1) Merge the Falcon with a previous Star Wars pack following the directions in the following link. http://www.lancersreactor.org/…ancer+Editing&M=False 2) Replace the following XML code (located in the portion of the script from the ship pack): <data file="dataequipmentmarket_ships.ini" method="sectionreplace"> <section> [BaseGood base = Iw04_01_base </section> <dest> marketgood = oe_package, 16, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1 </dest> <source> marketgood = corvette_package, 0, -1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1 </source> </data> with the following: <data file="dataequipmentmarket_ships.ini" method="sectionreplace"> <section> [BaseGood base = Iw04_01_base </section> <dest> marketgood = bhe2_package, 26, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1 marketgood = oe_package, 16, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1 </dest> <source> marketgood = corvette_package, 0, -1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1 marketgood = milfalcon_package, 0, -1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1 </source> </data> 3) Delete the following code (you should have pasted from the Falcon script in step 1): <data file="dataequipmentmarket_ships.ini" method="sectionreplace"> <section> [BaseGood base = Iw04_01_base </section> <dest> marketgood = oe_package, 16, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1 </dest> <source> marketgood = milfalcon_package, 0, -1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1 </source> </data> 4) Done! DOn´t forget to add the brackets at the end of "[BaseGood" if you copy and paste from this post. The combined pack should now work without causing the Cannot find destination error in FLMOD. "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb"

Its best not to change the linear drag. If you want to go 90m/s then reduce the max_force to 13,500. (13500/600 = 22.5 and 22.5*4 = 90). "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb"

The code for editing your speed is located in the engine_equip.ini file. In the script for the ship you are editing, locate the engine package the ship uses - see "addon = ge_bf_engine_01" below: [Good nickname = awing_package category = ship hull = awing addon = co_elite_power01, internal, 1 addon = ge_s_scanner_01 addon = ge_s_tractor_01 addon = ge_bf_engine_01 addon = ge_bf_engine_01 addon = contrail01, HpContrail01, 1 addon = contrail01, HpContrail02, 1 addon = SlowSmallYellow, HpRunningLight01, 1 addon = SlowSmallYellow, HpRunningLight02, 1 Locate the engine in engine_equip.ini file and adjust the "max_force" line (max force / linear drag = engine speed) Keep in mind if your ship has two engines it will go twice as fast as (max force / linear drag). Editing the afterburner (I assumme you mean thruster) has nothing to do with ships. You have to edit the thruster you want in the ST_equip.ini file. Edit the max force line (see below) max_force = 72000 Speed of the thruster = max_force/600. In this example the thruster will provide 120m/s on top of your engine speed. There are tutorials for editing engines and thrusters throughout the forums if you need clarification. "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb"

dr del, Thanks, that did the trick. v1.1. works on my desktop but for some reason I had the issues on my laptop. Not a problem with v1.2 though. Thanks for the help. "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb"

I adjusted the hit points, bots/shields, and such in both the script and the dll in the latest Starwars Ship patch from Porsche. The changes took effect in the game, but the ship info does not show up. At any of the ship info screens its gives a title "IDS?" and no additional info. I edited the swshipinfo.dll file using XVI32, a hex editor. I don´t know much about editing these kind of files. I found the 2 entries (I know of from looking at the file in ResHacker?) for each parameter I wanted to change and made them and then saved the file. Am I doing something wrong like missing a checksum or other sections at the end or something. Any help would be appreciated. EDIT: Nevermind, I was doing it the hard way and probably missed an alternating 00. I´ll try again using ResHacker only. Note to self: Always use search features in forums - no matter how far back you may have to go!! "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb" Edited by - integrabob on 09-06-2003 19:22:08

I won´t tell you but I´ll tell you where to find the info. First, this is the wrong forum, your question really belongs in the Spoiler Forum. At that´s where you can find the answers you seek. "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb"

Kenshin - They all fly like Light Fighters, even the Corvette. Fun, once you get used to it, but not very realistic. I now use Porsche´s ships almost exclusively, unless I´m going back to play the Story again. "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb"

I agree with the above comments as far as jump gates are concerned. It would be interesting for jump holes, at least those that offer alternative routes to systems that can be reached by jumpgates too. If a system can only be reached by jump holes, then they should work as they do now. But the other jump holes could be viewed as unstable. Ideally, one of these jumpholes would not throw you into a system at random, but alternate which system it connects too every hour or so and notify which system it is connecting to via the nav map. "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb"

I would really like to see a larger universe with more systems to visit. There just isn´t enough. May add another 20, 30, 40 50.... Granted, the graphics, programming, disk space requirements etc... (and of course the story line) prevent such but it would be great to see a much larger universe similar (but obviously smaller) to that of Elite. The great thing about Elite was the vast number of systems one could visit although there was only one station per system. DOn´t get me wrong, I don´t think Freelancer needs 8 galaxies with thousands of systems a piece, but it would be nice to have 100 or so systems to visit. Barring a larger universe I would ask for some sort of system development tool. I know shsan is working on a system editor (which I look forward to using) but I would have loved it if DA had provided one with the game. EDIT: I just went to the Editing Utilities Forum and it seems shsan´s System Editor is available already. See his thread. http://www.lancersreactor.org/…_id=30&topic_id=14870 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb" Edited by - integrabob on 16-05-2003 17:32:06

FoxMcloud, go to the following website. http://www.help2go.com/fl/ They are building a Star Wars mod - pretty ambitious conversion too. When completed Freelancer looks to be even more fun to play. Re Star Trek, I think I remember reading something in the General Editing Forum, but I´m not sure. Do a search and see. ------------------------------------------------------------------ "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb"