Posts by Alfa Astrix

I asked this years ago, and never returned for my answer, but is it possible to make a weapon that uses the tractor effect as a weapon effect. I've attempted at doing it myself, but no luck.

Quote from "StarTrader"

By the way, only MilkShape has an exporter for the .cmp format that FL uses. So sooner or later you will need to use it.

See, that's where my work ends. I have vista, and vista doesn't really like anything to work the way it's supposed to. Which is why I can't use milkshape at all. And I can't seem to find a .cmp exporter for maya anywhere. That's the biggest reason I was asking for help. Otherwise I would start the long and vigorous journey of creating new ships on my own.

Quote from "Knife"

no there is no game like freelancer. period

What do you mean by that? Spaceforce was another game simular, but not exactly like Freelancer. Not to mention the ones iMac stated.

Ok, until I figure out how to use Maya, or how to get Milkshape to work on vista without reinstalling it, I was curious if someone might be albe to help me create a sleeper ship like the hispania, but if it were built with modern day equipment, and not destroyed (if this makes sense)?

Quote from "Dead-eye"

2 words: HOLY SH**

Looks damn good, but best graphics... i have seen other nice mods and plz dont take me wrong but some if the screens look a bit to bright. :mrgreen:

I have to second this.

A few years back, there was a program that allowed 3d system editing, but was taken aback after a month because the dude that made FLE was bashing the creator too much. Anyone remember or know what that was?

I completely forgot that you had this tutorial Firekiss. Why not post your other one's you had too.

FLE is great and all for editing bases...unless you have vista. Then you have to turn the visual themes and everything else off, and for some reason, and I've been wondering why, the rotations of the habitats and the bio-domes doesn't ever come out right. It centers right, but is always 90 degrees off one way or another.

Quote from "ET1996"

and how do i modify the refire rate of a gun?

In weapon_equip.ini;

[Gun]
    nickname = gd_im_gun01_mark03
    ids_name = 263254
    ids_info = 264254
    DA_archetype = equipment\models\weapons\li_laser_beam.cmp
    material_library = equipment\models\li_equip.mat
    HP_child = HPConnect
    hit_pts = 1923
    explosion_resistance = 1.000000
    debris_type = debris_normal
    parent_impulse = 20
    child_impulse = 80
    volume = 0.000000
    mass = 10
    hp_gun_type = hp_gun_special_6
    damage_per_fire = 0
    power_usage = 31.620001
    refire_delay = 0.250000 <------------------------------------------------------ This
    muzzle_velocity = 700
    use_animation = Sc_fire
    toughness = 4.200000
    flash_particle_name = ci_tachyon_03_flash
    flash_radius = 15
    light_anim = l_gun01_flash
    projectile_archetype = gd_im_gun01_mark03_ammo
    separation_explosion = sever_debris
    auto_turret = false
    turn_rate = 90
    lootable = true
    LODranges = 0, 20, 60, 100

I believe (but don't cut my head off if I'm wrong), the closer you get to zero, the faster it refires. You basicly just have to play with it to get it juuuuuuusssstttttt rrrriiiigggghhhhtttt.

Quote from "Knife"

hint ... u can find milkshape on torrents ....

Come to think of it, that may or may not be how I obtained Maya.

ok...got a copy of milkshape...won't work with vista...help?