Posts by gelderath

I am trying to do the same sort of thing, but cannot get mp to work. I have finished the single player and would like to play the game without the story line missions. Another thread in the general forum got me the suggestion to use a mod or run the game twith my pc as acting as a server. When I load flserver, I set options to allow players to join, no internet access, max players = 1. the console then shows the named server as connected. Load up Freelancer, select multiplayer, connect to Lan, and there are no servers listed. My pc is not set up a a server (does it need to be? if so how?), can you help? ps Admiral Stinger, thanks for help on sorting out mp a/c id problem (another thread) Gelderath Here´s hoping for reincarnation!

To all who helped out on this one, a big thanks. I didn´t want to start modding the game as I thought it may compromise the feel of Freelancer, so after scanning the forums, found out how to create an a/c ID (I´m on windows ME at home) thanks to Admiral Stinger and the 1.1 patch. Unfortunately, even with this and running flserver, my server name does not appear on the list of LAN servers, so I tried out the mod for no story and the mod manager and success opens her doors to me - only trouble is I´m now spending more time looking at all the mods than playing the game. Oh well the price of freedom - thanks again guys. Gelderath Here´s hoping for reincarnation!

In dogfights, use your afterburners and strafe when you shield gets low, else take the damage but make sure you take at least one or two opponents out (advance stunpulse is essential - takes out shield in a couple of hits) As others say, trade or do mini missions as much as you can between the story line missions to get the best equipment as you move around the galaxy. Cheating is for wimps. Here´s hoping for reincarnation!

My best and easiest is the return trade route of Planet Cambridge (Luxury Food) to Planet Denver, then Denver (Optronics) to Planet Cambridge, even though you might lose 5 to 10 unit of luxury food the nett gain is about 2,300 credits per unit per round trip. Pirates are softies on the whole of this route, so take them out when you´re carrying going to Cambridge and run for it when going to Denver. Easy money Here´s hoping for reincarnation!

What about the return trade route of Planet Cambridge (Luxury Food) to Planet Denver, then Denver (Optronics) to Planet Cambridge, even though you might lose 5 to 10 unit of luxury food the nett gain is about 2,300 credits per unit per round trip. Pirates are softies on the whole of this route, so take them out when you´re carrying going to Cambridge and run for it when going to Denver. Easy money Gelderath Here´s hoping for reincarnation!