Posts by Grandpa

I have to agree that this game is on the verge of being just fantastic. I cant wait till a MMORG comes allong, Ive been waiting years for it. I checked out star wars, but a freelancer type game would be way better. With the possibillity of players forming together to build there own bases and a dynamic trading system in place, this game would just own all the others.

If Microsoft was comming out with Freelancer 2 why the hell would they keep it a secret? Hype sells games, the more hype the better. Let me know when they need beta testers.

I allready sent them a Email concerning the lame MP cheating. Got a standard form Email back saying thanks and all that stuff. I read somewhere that the reason so much was left out is cuz Microsoft wanted FL to be on just one cd.

You would think there would be a sequel if they could make money off it. They allready have the game engine so it wouldnt be that difficult. Also, no sorce code has been released yet...

True, I remember when pong came out. We were the only kids who had it in the town we grew up in for months. Maybe cuz ive been playing computer games since before I graduated high school in ´84 I expect more. Also, maybe someone from Microsoft thinkin about makin a sequel might read this post, or a developer from another software Co. developing a space based game might stop by here. Maybe im just old, but the story of a game is real important to me. I want alternate endings and side missions and such. Also, being able to hire wingmen would have been a nice feature. I would have liked to feel more twords Mr. Trent, maybe seeing Juni blown out of the stars would have made me hate the nomads more : O

The storyline in FL starts off ok, but by the last half dozen missions or so they just have you scrambling around, jumping from system to system, barely surviving, and the end comes way too soon. I have to take my hat of to microsoft for the mind blowing graphics, but this game could have been WAY better. The missions, for example, after the main story is done are just lame. Also, one of the main reasons I bought the darned game was to play online multi-player, but as ive already stated, all the cheating just makes it suck. Also, yes im stating my opinions as facts, cuz they are the facts to me! I expected allot more from this game then what it delivered. Maybe im not painting a rosy picture of FL, but maybe its time somebody pointed out the features that this game is sorely lacking. So, lets see, I liked the graphics, and also the use of the mouse instead of a joystick aint so bad either, nice inovation there. So I didnt totally hate the game, its just I found everything else to be kind of lacking.