Posts by SpaceEagle

Actually, if you talk to NPCs during the game you will get a more complete story. But essentially that is correct. It is hard to fly with turkeys when you soar with eagles.

Otay, I figure da MOD is rite well complete. Howsomeever, there was a suggestion I wanted to tender. Been using Silent Runner freighter {to build up credits; good cargo hold} but there is a slight improvement required. It has to do with the BATS. It only carries 48. They are used in ONE, count them 1, recharge. It would be nice to have more, ´bout 5 times as many would probably be more reasonable. With only 1 recharge it requires runnin´ from a fair dinkum number of encouters of the unfriendly kind; especially Elementals. {Yes, still working on acquiring better bang-bang that would assist.} Tanks for listening & all da fine effort/work. {{Found this same issue w/Warlord. Odd thing is for both it only takes a few nannos to repair. Once in SR was down to like 2 squares & did not take but about 8 to full repair - not sure was fighting.} It is hard to fly with turkeys when you soar with eagles. Edited by - SpaceEagle on 6/4/2005 4:45:38 PM

I find the best palce for hunting Mulies is Cortez hole. Go through from CA side & just wait; they will come around. Most loot I just take to Cortez; short run & price is basically irrevelant since you got it free. However, there are times you get Card & that is worth going to Manhat with. Some will sell better LA. As a bonus if you want to bag a few BH they are there too. It is hard to fly with turkeys when you soar with eagles.

Sorry to see you hang it up Warzog but I can uderstand {I am 54}. Your MOD is really great. Too bad I am inept at playing and can´t amass enough credits to get out of the Tarus. The only thing I am not able to understand is how weak the shields seem to be. Flying in clear space from A to B have been run into, lost shields & half of armour. Have run into roks & had same thing happen. Well, I will still poke around there & see what fun I can have. OH!, for those that might like to use it the Loves You MOD still works even though it comes up red. It is hard to fly with turkeys when you soar with eagles.

Try Gamma for Mad bang-bang. If you take the hole through you will not have to deal with rad & IMMHWO you will find the mad a bit easier. Thus increasing KR & chance to loot bang-bang. Also there is a place to land for repairs IF you have to coin but alas that is all. Remember: Frogs need love, too. It is hard to fly with turkeys when you soar with eagles.

Usually at this stage, if Restore Back-UPs in FLMM, does not work all you can do is uninstall & hack Registry to remove FL game references {NOTHING more}. Then reinstall. SOMETIMES just installing FL OVER the present will rectify the issue {at least for me it has}. Also, this may soumd odd but it is something else that I have done to get FL working {think it is a Windows THANG}. Do Scan Disk & Defrag. This will expunge lost files & fragments {set Scan to delete & recove}. Then put everything back in order. So, guess you could just do all that in reverse order. Hope that helps. Remember: Frogs need love, too. It is hard to fly with turkeys when you soar with eagles.

Well, I re DLed MOD, un FL, hacked register. Rein FL, SDk and activated MOD. Noticed there was no choice for ship or diff level, NBD. But when started to play ALL new items were named IDS?. Map had NO text on new systems or features. Full sys map showed original systems on left & their names showed. So, now I am really confused. I am sure it is on my end since your work has been exceptional. It is hard to fly with turkeys when you soar with eagles.

otah. reckun, i jes re-DL & un-FL den tries all over again. tanks & keep up da good work!! Remember: Frogs need love, too. It is hard to fly with turkeys when you soar with eagles.

Why bother being neutral when yuo can be happy with everyone; thus opening doors for all sorts of fun & frolic. This is doen by using the AlPalsLovesYou MOD. Too bad it does not work with more MODs. It is hard to fly with turkeys when you soar with eagles.

For what you are asking does not exist and believe not possible as the two ideas are mutually exclusive. Playing w/o storyline lets you level up but as stated no story mission or characters area available. Consider how the story gloes IF you have completed SP. You are able to delay the next misson for as long as you desire up & until you reach a specific point. From thence forth you have to follow through to the end. It is hard to fly with turkeys when you soar with eagles.

I occassionally get to where FL will not run irregardless of what is done. The only process that I have that works is quite time consuming {short of reformat} but has worked. Start by uninstalling FL and, since you mentioned MODs, FLMM. IF you want to keep old save games need to rename that folder. Then restart computer. Followed by a scan & defrag. Then hack the registery to remove ALL instances of FL game. You do not need to remove FLMM references unless it persists after everything else. Once hacked turn off computer for about one minute. A restart would work but this will make sure register is reset. After starting scan & defrag HD, if more than one do all. Then install FL & FDSK, to save time install FSDK into same diretory as FL. Do not use FL update. I have found it works better without. This should get you up & running. I have had trouble once doing this & think it may have been the MOD I had last used. Had to do this twice before FL was operational. Hope this you out. Remember: Frogs need love, too. It is hard to fly with turkeys when you soar with eagles.

Keep my ZA updated & not having any diff with MP. This may or may not have anything to do with still using Worthless98. When DSL rolls to new IP it asks permisssion & goes on it´s merry way. It is hard to fly with turkeys when you soar with eagles.

So, what you are saying is that it is incompatible w/worthless 98. GREAT!!! I am still using that arcane POG. If you had read my post you would have seen that I did do install. Did forget to mention adding SDK. Guess I live with it is all that can be done. It is hard to fly with turkeys when you soar with eagles.

Well, there is the OPTION of getting an older ´puter & play the IMMHWO games that got this all started. And that is Wing Commander & the original Privateer or PII the Darkening. IF fortune smiles upon you there is the possability of stumbling across a copy of the Kilrathi Saga; which is WC 1-3, ported to windows. PII does have a WIN port that came out as a Deluxe version. Someone wrote a script which permits PI & some WC to run on WIN systems. Have not tried it but heard that it works good. There are also 2 WC fan projects {one recently completed} which have been well received. If you get a computer to run older games Mantis is a fun little romp if you can find it. But I know this is a ll specious as it is unattainable but it is an answer to your question. Tach is not too bad. Freespace 1 & 2 make for a fair bit of fun. I was never ever able to get far in X-2 but it is quite pretty {found it boring because it seemed all did was take forever to fly from one place to another & never seemd to make enough coin}. Homeworld looks good but even with patch was not able to get it to run. There are a couple on the horizon that look worth waiting for. It is hard to fly with turkeys when you soar with eagles.