Posts by J Dawg

Aren´t Gmail invites like chain mail anyways? You send them to someone else, they make an account, and send off more. I suppose they lack a phrase like "create a Gmail account in fifteen seconds or be swallowed by a tree sized penguin." I had a friend that wore chain mail to school occasionally, complete with the King Arthur tunic from Holy Grail. Watching this child trying to play french horn in chain mail was most entertaining.

Sidewinder Precision Pro 2 works most excellently for this. I have absolutely no problem with a keyboard/joystick layout. The keystrokes are default programmed rather nicely, and stick in your mind well after a few battles.

For a multiple battleship base, is the model from "Starship Troopers" useable here? In that movie, there was simply a gigantic ring which stretched completely around a small planet, which docks spaced at even intervals around it. It wouldn´t have to be a separate planet. If you can make a base with a core, just make a planet as part of the base...

You´re all delaying the updates by forcing Omega to open new chapters with an ever longer rambling prologue in order to defeat this exponentially expanding mob.

One member posting something about this in the Spoiler forum about six months ago. He claimed to have created a jumpdrive, but explained that it created a glitch which ´blew a hole in the universe´ and permanently connected two systems i.e. being able to see Colorado from New York. However, the fellow refused to release any of his code or to post a mod out of it, so I´d say is more of a fantasy tale than anything else. And now I can´t even find the thread.

Hey! Welcome to TLR. I regret to announce that you only have a limited selection of views. Gone is the age of flyby´s that were common in Starlancer and other games. Here you get 3rd person (outside), turret view (outside 360) and 1st person (cockpit). Rear view is also default hotkeyed to ´v´ while you switch between 3rd person and 1st person with ctrl+v. Most people don´t like flying in cockpit more, although I frequently do because it make the game a bit more challenging, and adds a bit of realism, as well as a welcome change of pace.

There is something to be said for looks. It applies for real life aerodynamics as well as in game, and that is, "the better it looks, the better it flies". And, who can deny that the Dagger is one darn sexy ship? Also, it mounts a turret, which none of the other LF´s do. Fit it with a sheild buster and ripper mines an you´ll be good to go.

Only thing preventing that is lazyness :-p Since I´m running Evolutions at the moment, its a fairly intensive process to do the whole clean install thing which, on my computer would take about 45min to an hour to run through the whole deal, so I´m hoping someone can reccomend a USA server for this...

Unfortunately I don´t have that latitude. J Cat wouldn´t be right. However, I guess we all know who to look for when "Pencil" and "mashedpotatoes" start posting...

On my first time through the game I allowed myself to get addicted to the Shroud, a mistake I won´t make again when I get a chance to play through the game again. The Shroud has speed, agility (and of course the cloak) to hold over most other fighters. I almost always fill at least 2-3 harpoints with AB fuel anyways, missiles were never a terribly large deal for me. I don´t make use of the cloak very often, but its a real lifesaver in the last mission with that blasted ion cannon...

You should be able to hold your own until the Pukov starts spamming torps (those are someone else´s words... sorry for not quoting). Be aware that it launches cloaked Kamovs (which you should be able to see... destroy the upper turrets and just camp the fighter bays). When it starts shooting torpedos, be aware that you only have to destroy one in a group as they´re all so close together that one explosion will destroy the other torps. I did this mission best in a Shroud, mostly because it allows you to close and destroy the Pukov´s shield generator right off the bat, before it even becomes an objective. Just be careful not to get too close to the torpedos, its easy to blow yourself up with them.