Posts by Zapp Brannigan

Yes, quite odd. It was increasing by a MB every minute or so yesterday, then it hit 2051 and stopped for a while. Now it´s sitting at 2052. Either they have a ton of 2.01 GB hard drives lying around there, or someone´s not too good at their math.

New York, because there´s so much to see and do. Stuttgart, because the orange nebulas look simply AWESOME with that sun. Go have a look sometime. Pan around when you´re crusing through the lanes. Cortez. Sells my favorite HF, and something about all that ice...

Global warming will weaken the polar ice caps, a large chunk of Antarctic ice will break off and alter the balance of mass on the Earth enough to throw the rotation out of whack and kill everyone with massive tidal waves. If Global Warming IS true, anyway. I still think we´re just on one of them warm streaks we have every hundred years or so.

Oh come on, Orillion HAS to be Fishburne. There are no other possibilities. King is too minor of a character to be played by Vin Diesel. Plus I don´t like King. Ehh... screw the rest, I´m tired.

Something like 90% of people out there still don´t have a clue about emails, attachments and worms, hence become infected. You could launch the world´s biggest advertising campaign. Billboards, emails, commercials, ads on milk cartons, during elections, on buses and trains, banners in the sky. At the end of it all, 85% of people out there still wouldn´t have a clue. It´s hopeless man, communicating effectively with the masses is an impossible task. When the average luser gets behind their screen, they loose about three-quarters of their intelligence, ALL of their common sense and become mind-numbingly dumb. Edited by - [MC Random Task on 11/9/2004 6:19:02 PM

Generally the only things that are user-replaceable on laptops are the RAM, battery and PCMCIA cards. If you´re lucky you may have replaceable disk drives. Processor - forget it. Usually integrated. Video - On something that old, no chance. Again, integrated/shared. I just tried playing GTA3 on my IBM A22m - it took so long to load and made it so hot I never even got into the game. You´re probably out of luck.

<b>WATCH OUT FOR SAPPHIRES! </b> They´ve been known to practice questionable business by selling 128-bit memory 9800 cards without labeling them so properly. For the uninitiated, 128-bit cards have HALF the memory bandwidth of a standard 256-bit video card, and perform at roughly half capacity. Examine the box VERY, VERY CLOSELY before you buy, be sure it specifically states &quot;256-bit memory&quot;. NOT &quot;256MB of Memory&quot;, you want <b>BIT </b>. Sapphire eventually named these cards &quot;9800 Atlantis&quot;, but you never know when they might try to dupe the public again, or when you might be picking up a used one. Otherwise, yeah you´re good to go. A 9800 will blow Freelancer away. I use a 9500 Pro, 1280x960, full detail, AA and AF to full and it never skips or slows down the framerate. Edited by - [MC Random Task on 11/1/2004 1:08:52 PM