Posts by WAN_SOLO

If you are unable to connect to the sever and you are on the same LAN then my first guess would be that you have a local firewall running on the server (possible built in windows?) if you are simply waiting on the internet player to start flocking in, you should wait as it may take several days/weeks/months. For troubleshooting purposes....first check to see if you can connect from the same box that the server is running on, then from a box that is on your LAN, then from a box outside of your network. That will tell you where your problem lies.

Necro-post-iac......... I asked this almost a year ago. I did finally discover that they are useless. They do not actually shoot down torpedos, missles, or other gunfire......

With that lione you could host quite a bit more than 16 players.......probably closer to 35........however with that ram and CPU you could run into issues. If you only wantr 16 players you could probably get away with 512MB memory but you would have to get more input from the other server admins on the proc......it seems low but might work.

Where are you at to get HD-DVD´s? Last I heard the official release for HD-DVD´s was going to be late 2005. I know the DVD players with DVI output are available but are true HD-DVD players? Isn´t that going to be a complete new standard? Did I completely miss the release of these?

<font size=1 face="trebuchet ms"><BLOCKQUOTE><hr size=1 noshade>100-200fps <hr size=1 noshade></BLOCKQUOTE></font><font face=´trebuchet ms, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica´ size=2> I assume you mean some other game besides freelancer? MS designed FL so that it is maxed at 75fps. The game simply will not run faster than that. As I remember film quality runs around 38fps.....just for a reference point. @ Darkagent.....I am not here to flame......but don´t you think you are being a bit cocky? Coming to a gaming/computer-enthusiast forum and offering to give people server specs? Don´t you think that would be better left up to the guys that have been running servers for well over a year and have run across most of the Hardware, software, and FL related issues? Also how can you expect anyone to really answer much when you will not even take the time to spell correctly? If I am going to ask help plopping down several hundred if not several thousand dollars I would expect the person that is helping me to at least take the time to spell correctly and use punctuation.

Remote grouping has been around since the beginning of FL...... Remote trading will not work though.....you can do it with a command...I believe it is /u playername but they have to be in sight and within 2k I think still. The problem with remote trading would be 2 players get at 2 different bases...ruiz and camb research and start trading alien orgs....and what do you know...in 2 hours they have more money than anyone else......... also if you are running FLAC as well on the server there are a few other commands..... /s text will allow you send something out in system chat even if you have someone elses name hilighted. You may try to just try every command on the KB......I remember there being several others but none of the others seemed of very good use to me. Most of the commands are not necessarily console commands but can be made at any prompt.

The one listed here on TLR.....members of the Boston Server have been using that TS server for quite a long time and on a frequent basis. I am registered on that server (or was) and have used it for months. All of a sudden about 2 weeks ago it dissappeared. I have since tried to log in as unregistered, registered, with out the portalive password, and with it......it always returns the same error that &quot;teamspeak does not appear to be running on this server&quot;. My client is still fully functional as I use our clans TS server as well as other servers TS servers. I am just trying to figure out if it is coming back or if I need to build a box to run 24/7 to host TS for the Boston Freelancer community.

Any idea what happened to the Portalive Teamspeak server? It has been down for about 2 weeks now. I know that when this site goes down it is for an excessive amount of time so I just thought it was some overly long outage. Was it yanked offline or did the address change and I missed the post where the new info was put?

This has been asked hundreds of times. Please use the search feature to find the several other threads where this is asked......the file is loadouts.ini and you wanna change the entry that starts out [Loadout nickname = MP_ge_fighter To whatever the anubis is along with all the other relavent anubis info however keep the MP in front of it´s name.....so it would look something like this... [loadout nickname = MP_or_elite2 blah blah, blah blah blah blah

If your server is running on the same box that you are launching the client from then it should be running the same mod as the client as they are pulling from the same set of files. If you are using a 2nd machine for the server then....install FLMM, install and activate the mod, fire up FL server.....connect and play

Just for a bit more information on the million credit mission: The terminators come at you in waves of 12-15 ships There are 2-4 waves The only backup you will ever receive is what you bring with you. All of the Terminators fly Eagles with 6 Krakken II´s, hornets, rippers, and a lvl 10 gravitron shield. Thier shooting ability has been made to be as accurate as the game allows as has thier flying, attacking, evading tatics. They each carry 30 bots and 30 bats and will usually use them faster than any human can This was designed so that 3-4 grouped, advanced players (with missles) would be able to complete the mission although frequently 2 will die and have to respawn and rejoin the fight. We have also made missions available against the singleplayer nomads with occasional backup from the Order. These missions can be taken from Planet Toledo in Omicron Minor and are geared for the level 5-7 (max shield mount) ships. Keep a lookout for a short move that will highlight the Terminators verocity and other Boston Supermod points of interest coming to the front page of TLR in the coming weeks.

If you are running any software firewall turn it off. Make sure you check the firewall that is built into XP. Service pack 2 seems to turn it on by default. Also if you have a router that you go through pull it out of the way and hook you comp directly to your modem. remember you will most likely have to powercycle the modem to get it to recognize the new connection. If you connect fine with out the router in the way then that is where you problem lies and you will have to sort that out. If while you are directly connected you still are unable to get the full global server list then you have a software issue and you need to look for anything that blocks directX or anything that acts as a firewall (such as XP firewall, black ice, zone alarm, etc....)

Best is a relative term.........the most profitable in the shortest time route is: Load up at ruiz with alien orgs&gt;alpha&gt;theta&gt;O41&gt;O5&gt;sell at Cambridge research Go to Planet Cambridge pick up Lux food&gt;O5&gt;O41&gt;theta&gt;sig17&gt;sell at hawaii in sig 19 Head to planet Honshu pick up Optronics and take back to Ruiz in beta. The trip takes right at 30 minutes if you fly direct and know where you are going and will NET you about 1.2 million credits per trip after all repairs and if you are flying a dromedary. There are thousands of other routes and probably thousands of other threads discussing this.